Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Carl, I like the look of this wheel. It reminds me a bit of the OEM Carrera Classic 10-spoke wheel, but with tapered spokes. Nice choice.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Carl, I like the look of this wheel. It reminds me a bit of the OEM Carrera Classic 10-spoke wheel, but with tapered spokes. Nice choice.
Thanks, they came with a fake center lock hub covers(pic below) but i didn't like the look. i switched to just the small hub covers. . the 19s ride better with the SS but not as big of a difference as what i thought it would be. In a perfect world i would have preferred silver but they only come in black and matt grey. carl

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think that's a great looking wheel.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are nicely made mfg in Italy . The 94 F355 i had came with OZs as OE. Didn't want Chinese made wheels . My wife is made in china thats enough . carl

Attachments

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
I wanted a track set of 19s.
Hi Insider,
Your car looks great with those wheels!

I was looking at the same wheels from OZ and was wondering if the 10mm rear offset difference from the stock wheels would cause a clearance problem.

Which size rear tire are you using? If it is the stock 265 do you think a 275 would still clear the wheel well ok? I'm looking to use a 275 rear wheel.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Thanks Lemon. My car is a GTS with stock PASM. With the change from 50mm offset to 40mm I assume I will not have any clearance problems with the spring perch. I was more concerned about rubbing on the outside of the wheel/wheel well.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Insider,
Your car looks great with those wheels!

I was looking at the same wheels from OZ and was wondering if the 10mm rear offset difference from the stock wheels would cause a clearance problem.

Which size rear tire are you using? If it is the stock 265 do you think a 275 would still clear the wheel well ok? I'm looking to use a 275 rear wheel.

Thanks.
Mike, im running the 265-40s no clearance issues. The 275s may be tight. I wouldn't run them because your changing the chassis balance with 235s up front and you will get more under steer. 265 is a big tire for the car. carl

·
Banned
2,307 Posts
Mike, im running the 265-40s no clearance issues. The 275s may be tight. I wouldn't run them because your changing the chassis balance with 235s up front and you will get more under steer. 265 is a big tire for the car. carl
i have 265 .. on my track set...am happy with it..

lemon

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
Thanks Carl44 and Lemon.

My plan is (was?) to go one size up on both front and back tires (245 and 275) as tires in that size seem to be more available and cheaper than the stock Porsche sizes. That was what I had done for my track tires (Sumitomo)/wheels on my former 987 Boxster S. Worked fine on that car, but I know it's a different suspension.

I wasn't going to get racing DOT tires, just something more cost effective than say the Michelin PSS.

I need to do some searching for people who might have gone with 245/275 on 981s to see if it worked. That was a popular thing with 987 owners.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
I am seeing if my guys at Auto Union Tuning can hook me up with some new OZ's - love the look on the 981.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I reweighed the wheels . Stock 20 Carrera S were 45lb front and 52 rear. The 19 OZs 46F and 50 r so a total whooping weight saving of 2lbs! I really thought it would be more. Oh well, i still like the look of the 19s more plus a there a better ride. carl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts