Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Incurable Gearhead
939 Posts
I love the new Leggera HLTs and am perilously close to pulling the trigger on a 19" set for my S. For tires I've decided on Michelin Pilot Super Sports one size up from stock, 245 & 275. Would love to see a set on a Cayman, but being a new wheel, I've yet to come across any.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In italy they'll be available at the end of march, mine would be a blind choice, that's why i'm asking for opinions :)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i like how they look on the brz!
Thanks for the picture, this give a good hint about how they really look on a car in the real world.
The other two are official photos from OZ, but i don't think they really represent the real wheel. Especially the last shot in my opinion is taken from a bad angle, it looks so different from the one on the BRZ.
Love the real color too, not gunmetal but not classic silver.

The only downside is the price :(
It's not fair that from tirerack everyone in the us can have them at 1828$, while in Italy (OZ is 200 km from my home) i have to pay 1700€, which is 2350$ :(

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Surely the crazy taxes are part of the problem, the government is killing the internal market...

·
Incurable Gearhead
939 Posts
Just placed my order with Jim @ Tire Rack...
19x8.5 O.Z. Leggera HLT Bright Race Grey
19x10 O.Z. Leggera HLT Bright Race Grey
245/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
275/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
:cheers:

·
Incurable Gearhead
939 Posts
Just placed my order with Jim @ Tire Rack...
19x8.5 O.Z. Leggera HLT Bright Race Grey
19x10 O.Z. Leggera HLT Bright Race Grey
245/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
275/35ZR19 Michelin Pilot Super Sport
:cheers:
Wheels are now due in the first week or so of April. Really looking forward to it!

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wheels are now due in the first week or so of April. Really looking forward to it!
Great, i'll wait for some pictures! I need to finish my 18" summer Michelin before swapping to the 19" Leggera
A trackday in Monza next sunday will surely help :D

·
Incurable Gearhead
939 Posts
Update: ETA is now 4/20.

·
Incurable Gearhead
939 Posts
It's alright, but yea, I'm really eager to see 'em on my car. :)

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Interested to see these, I was looking at ordering the oz formula hlt in black this spring/summer as my rear tires are almost gone and I have a feeling my tpms sensors are going to be dead this spring when my car gets back on the road. I am glad to see you went with the 245/275 tire sizes, I was thinking the same thing even though another tire rack rep got back to me with 235/265 as the recommended sizes even on the wid wheels. I don't want the tires to be stretched too much to cover the rim as you would have less side wall bulge protecting rim. Very interested to see your pics, too bad they do not come in black finish. I really have my heart set on going black I think...

·
Incurable Gearhead
939 Posts
I searched around here and per the folks who have done so, going up a size front & rear is no worries at all, especially (I would think) given that the Leggera HLTs are .5 and 1 inch wider front and rear respectively.

The Formula HLTs are nice, but I just can't get past the fake centerlock cap and think it looks a bit unfinished without the area covered. I do like the hidden lug bolts, just wish that the solution wasn't trying so hard to look like something it clearly isn't, if you know what I mean.
;)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts