Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
I ordered gray porsche center caps (my older are silver and don't fit well). If gray will not fit I will try to paint them. I like to make tham look as OEM as possible.
They provide OZ carbon center caps with the wheels. I am without because it looks impossible to remove them without disconnect the car.
In the photo don't appare but the great side is the et......wheels appare like OEM with big spacers...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I ordered gray porsche center caps (my older are silver and don't fit well). If gray will not fit I will try to paint them. I like to make tham look as OEM as possible.
They provide OZ carbon center caps with the wheels. I am without because it looks impossible to remove them without disconnect the car.
In the photo don't appare but the great side is the et......wheels appare like OEM with big spacers...
Good luck. And please provide an update when you get the caps.

...perhaps you could glue the caps to the wheels?

·
Registered
178 Posts
I mean I can not take out the original oz center cap from the rim if it is connected to the car, because it is necessary to push the center from the back. Original center caps will not need any glue.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Any update on the 1franz? Curious if the gt silver porsche center caps match the paint color of the oz leggera...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Which center caps did you order exactly? The GT silver OEM caps or gray ones available from places like ebay? I'm very curious what the finished result looks like. Could you post some pictures when you have a chance? I've been holding off on buying these wheels until I have a better idea of what they'll actually look like on a Cayman when done, and you seem to have done exactly what I'm trying to achieve. Thanks.

·
Registered
64 Posts
FINALLY got these leggeras mounted, such a long wait indeed.
I had the 18" Boxster S II rims before, and they weighed F: 41 lb, R: 47.5 lb with the tires
I weighed the 19" leggeras with pilot super sports, they came in F: 43 lb, R: 47 lb

I have the H&R lowering springs, so the camber on the back is -2, front is -0.8.
The leggeras are certainly more flush than the OEMs, but I think it can probably use another 5-7 mm of spacer. Anybody has any suggestions?

I'm using the O.Z. provided center caps for now, would love to see photos of other Porsche caps.

DSC_9602.jpg DSC_9607.jpg DSC_9603.jpg

Attachments

·
Incurable Gearhead
941 Posts
Might as well resurrect this old thread to say better late than never! A couple years back I instead opted for some 20” Carrera S III wheels and lately our more adventurous routes were calling for 19” rubber. I still loved these Leggeras, so [email protected] hooked me up. Yay!
7B15EAED-C847-433B-AD63-D280027001C4.jpg

·
Registered
256 Posts
FINALLY got these leggeras mounted, such a long wait indeed.
I had the 18" Boxster S II rims before, and they weighed F: 41 lb, R: 47.5 lb with the tires
I weighed the 19" leggeras with pilot super sports, they came in F: 43 lb, R: 47 lb

I have the H&R lowering springs, so the camber on the back is -2, front is -0.8.
The leggeras are certainly more flush than the OEMs, but I think it can probably use another 5-7 mm of spacer. Anybody has any suggestions?

I'm using the O.Z. provided center caps for now, would love to see photos of other Porsche caps.

View attachment 49441 View attachment 49443 View attachment 49445
Looks amazing.. Do you know what the offsets are? I would like to get these in Cayman R fitment..

61 - 73 of 73 Posts