Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What:

Porsche Club Racing returns to Lime Rock Park on Friday, 4/23 and Saturday, 4/24. This will be the third year we've gathered a group from Planet-9 to attend so it's become our traditional driving season kick-off ritual.

We should have an opportunity to do Parade Laps on the track during the lunch break also. Stay tuned for more infomation about that.

When:
Saturday April 24

Where:
Lime Rock Park, CT

Who wants to go?

1. Marc-In-The-Box
2. jointeffort
3. PistolPete
4. V man
5. BigGuy
6. PCay60
7. Road Runner
8. UAVCaymanS*
9. ArcticCaymanS
10. jxreef
11. captainaudio
12. boxSTAR
13. ctcayman
14. mysticcs*
15. vrecaro
16. Ken Corsun
17. Fred The Framer
18. envirospace
19. Joe B
20. Bigwong*
21. kpmatt00
22. Gundo
23. [email protected] B1t3
24. anucci
25. robt

*maybe

Full Route Map with meeting points:

684 Rest Stop to Lime Rock Park

Meeting Point A 7:30AM - 9:00AM
I-684 Rest Stop Northbound side right after Exit 8
GPS Coordinates: 41.362, -73.630

We'll gather here between 7:30AM and will leave at 9:00AM exactly for our backroads drive.

Meeting Point B 9:00AM - 10:30AM
Forza Motorsports
11 George Washington Plaza
Gaylordsville, CT

11 George Washington Plz, Gaylordsville, CT‎ - Google Maps

GPS Coordinates : 41.638, -73.482

Those can't meet us at the 684 rest stop should plan to meet the group here. The I-684 group should arrive here around 10:00AM

Lunch:
ctcayman is helping us arrange seating for a late lunch for our group here:

The WhiteHorse Pub
258 New Milford Turnpike
New Preston, CT 06777

258 New Milford Tpke, New Preston, CT‎ - 06777 - Google Maps

·
Registered
463 Posts
If it's only going to be a small group Pete we'll probably just meet you there. This way we can be in the park by 10 and head back a little earlier.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No problem Marc.

I'm surprised at the lack of response so far. I think everyone is still hibernating. Time for one of my email blasts later...

·
Premium Member
728 Posts
I will not be able to make on 4/24. My daughter has concert at the Lincoln Center! She plays the Viola for a group known as the Shoreline Youth Symphony Orchestra (SySO) in CT.

BTW...my CS is still "under the covers". I will wake her up in April. Nice weekend expected. Saw a nice CS today.

·
Cayman Owner
100 Posts
Pete, There is a small issue, I can't decide between this weekend and the Porsche Swap Meet in Hershey! This might be why there is a lack luster response. Put me for a maybe on this one as well. My attendance percentage is about 50% (defintely this or the swap meet) but not sure which one.
:cheers:

·
Registered
463 Posts
There's also a DE event in NJ that day with Novice driving opportunities so it's a tough decision to make. I've wanted to do Hershey for years but I just don't want to do the 4 hours of driving each way in one day. Used to do it at the drop of a hat but just not up to it anymore. Lime Rock is the perfect disatnce from LI, about 2 hours or a bit more and the perfect drive for the last 25 miles or so to the park.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Pete, I'll be there working both days for CVR. I don't know where they will have me yet, I usually don't find out until that morning. I'll look for the group at lunch time.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Pete, as you know i was contemplating between going to Hershey or going to Limerock! i have finally decided. I will end up going to Limerock this year, so COUNT ME IN!

1 - 20 of 53 Posts