Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title states, I keep getting this P0000 code. Regular code reader as my Launch took a lunch break and has never returned. What a POS that thing is.

Any insight is appreciated. Car drives the same as it ever did.

· Registered
4 Posts
If youre using a basic OBD2 reader the codes it churns out are often useless and cant be interpreted.
Launch x431 can be expensive but its great especially if you have other makes in the garage.
foxwell and Autel do Porsche specific readers for under 150.
Or find someone local who can help you out.

frustrating to have a potential issue even if the car is running well....id desperately want some clarity if it were me, but then I have an unhealthy amount of OCD.
mike

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
Ed - are there any warning lights or messages when P0000 happens?

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If youre using a basic OBD2 reader the codes it churns out are often useless and cant be interpreted.
Launch x431 can be expensive but its great especially if you have other makes in the garage.
foxwell and Autel do Porsche specific readers for under 150.
Or find someone local who can help you out.

frustrating to have a potential issue even if the car is running well....id desperately want some clarity if it were me, but then I have an unhealthy amount of OCD.
mike
hi Mike, yes I do have a launch, purchased last august. Used it once or twice and then it stopped working. Paid almost $1,000 for it. Arghhh

· Registered
4 Posts
Hi,
I have a Launch also, its amazing kit but I only use it occasionally.
I also have this little tool which is permanently connected to my OBD port, it works via an app on your phone, no cables. Its perfect for live data (like DPF regens) while driving if you mount your phone. It comes with one 'make' free for life. Ive used it to reset the oil service, register a new battery, code new injectors and read/delete codes. So many features for such little outlay. It will get you by until your launch is fixed.
No affiliation, just impressed.
mike
Amazon.com: Autel MaxiAP AP200 Obd2 Scanner Bluetooth Auto OBDII Diagnostic Scan Tool for ios & Android, Full System Car Check Engine Light Code Reader with 25 Service Functions : Automotive

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update: The code came back several times after I cleared it so I said, F it and left the code illuminated. It turned off the other day by itself.

Now not knowing if it's still in the system, I took the car yesterday to have it smogged and it's in green status. Everything is back and there is no longer a code showing up on my scanner.

Whoo Hooo!

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
Maybe P0000 is the code for no-codes? :LOL:

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
Hey Ed - nothing Porsche does would surprise me, including a code that indicates there are no codes. I'm good - working on the door-handle replacement for the "Relieve Steering" issue. Got a used handle ($90), managed to get most of the painted plastic off it, and wrapped the one remaining area. Now I just have to get ambitious and R&R the handle. I think you've done that right?

The manual instructions show removing the key-cylinder before removing the drivers door handle - was that actually necessary?

Then there is a latch that has to be released inside the door accessed through a hole in the door-jam?

FWIW - My AllDataDIY access expired yesterday. They now want $60 for a years access. I found a coupon that brought that down to $50, but that still seems excessive. I'm trying to get the owners of Planet-9 to reach out to AllData (owned by one of the big auto-parts chains now) and see if they'd offer a reasonable discount (40-50% maybe) for members of Planet-9. Have to follow up on that.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^^^ now you're talking. I purchased a subscription for my GT3 last year during their switchover. Had no valuable information so I requested my money back. They removed the subscription ane never gave me my money back. Left message after message and there really was nobody to contact during that time I swore that I would just walk into an Autozone and set it ablaze.

Now that they've switched over, and seem to have something resembling customer service, I'm going after that cash or another subscription. That's what happens when big business gets control. Long live ma and pa establishments. Please support them and don't buy off of Amazon.

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
Now that they've switched over, and seem to have something resembling customer service, I'm going after that cash or another subscription. That's what happens when big business gets control. Long live ma and pa establishments. Please support them and don't buy off of Amazon.
What I've found effective on these companies that no longer answer anything sent to them via phone, email or a web-form for support - Facebook'm.

They all have Facebook pages - with a section for comments. Making a comment about how bad their customer service is always has gotten my issues addressed. Apparently whoever runs those sort of pages must think that some boss must read the page, so just ghosting you isn't gonna fly.

Did it yesterday with Verizon. One of my cable boxes went out.. their on-line troubleshooter was useless (part of the diagnostics involves disconnecting my internet connection, which then kills the troubleshooter.. duh....) and I found nowhere on their website to discuss the issue with the box and get a replacement. I got on FB about 3PM yesterday, there is a new box sitting in my living room waiting for me to install it. UPS was here at 10AM with it.

Did the same thing with Foxwell - ended up with a long, although unresolved conversation with them which went on in FB messenger, and the same for a number of other businesses. So far it's worked. Go figure, FB actually has a bit of value.. whod'a thunk it?

Meanwhile - Ed - does the lock cylinder have to come out on the driver's door to remove the handle?

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yes, you will not be able to remove the exterior handle without first removing the lock cylinder. Those two screws in the door jamb, one has to be removed and the other one just loosened a wee bit. Let me screen shot the page for ya.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.