Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
p0018 code is the "Position of crankshaft in relation to intake camshaft" and back the middle of May this code appeared - "check engine light on dash". So I cleared it and all was fine for 2 weeks. Took it in for service and they could not diagnose the problem since the light was again off. July it went to the dealer this time as the light had returned. $750 later with a new actuator solenoid and screen it was now thrown all the time. Dealer said it would be at least another $2600 just to find the problem....gulp. Forget it. Since then the light has been sporadic even put on about 1600 miles a 2 autocross events without it going off....

but guess what it's back....so I took it to a local mechanic and he switched the sensors around to see if it was a bad sensor....it wasn't it came back again at the same bank...bank 2

anyone have any ideas what this may be?

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
These are just guesses. Was the crank position sensor checked? How about the IMSB? Only things that come to mind since the obvious one was fixed.

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well talking to my mechanic the next logical choice is to dive into it a bit....since this is on bank 2 it's not easy to get to it....so the motor will be dropped...he will first try to do it without doing that but no promises.....so I'm holing on tight....as well as my wallet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts