Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Two connectors at the top are fuel supply and vent lines. There are two electrical plugs a and b. These connectors should be the fuel pump power, fuel gauge reader, and your fuel tank pressure sensor. But the manual does not specify which one is the fuel tank pressure sensor.

Font Auto part Technology Design Automotive design

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks!
I replaced both parts (valve annd canister) and the code still there. Even my mechanic understood that will cleared the code.
I deleted the code several times, but the check engine pops back again. There are 3 lines to the canister and 1 power cord to the valve. That’s correct? How much Volts the power to the valve should be reading?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Thanks!
I replaced both parts (valve annd canister) and the code still there. Even my mechanic understood that will cleared the code.
I deleted the code several times, but the check engine pops back again. There are 3 lines to the canister and 1 power cord to the valve. That’s correct? How much Volts the power to the valve should be reading?
Having recently pulled all of the fuel stuff up the front apart, there's definitely no fuel tank pressure sensor. There is a fuel level sender and the pump.

The tank pressure error might have something to do with the carbon canister, which is directly connected to the tank.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks. Canister and valve were replaced.
Also noted that the Fuse B3, Tank leakage diagnosis, USA and is empty. That’s normal?
I put a 5a there, but still the same P0453.

Gas Gadget Machine Rectangle Fixture

·
Administrator
1,646 Posts
I think if you look carefully at B3 you'll see one of the socket sides (where the blades plug in) is empty, so putting a fuse in can't do anything at all.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm baffled by this. Removing the carbon canister from the car it looks nothing like what is shown in the TSB. There are no electrical connections or leak diagnosis module. It's just a plastic case with a three pipe connections. One in (from the fuel tank), one out (to the back of the car and intake manifold), and one vent that is open in the tunnel down the middle of the car.

My fuse B3 is empty with no blade connectors for this position on one side. So clearly the car isn't wired for it.

Looking at the wiring diagram below, the red/blk wire from pin 4 goes to fuse B3, and is the only thing that comes from this fuse.

Rectangle Font Parallel Diagram Electric blue

In the parts list below for the carbon canister, it looks like what is in the TSB, but in the listing of parts below the image it doesn't have anything listed for parts 2,6,7,9 or 10. It's the same for the 991 parts list.

It's as though this is for some markets and not others. My daily driver was built Apr 12. Very early in the production run. It's the same with no B3 fuse, so from this I conclude it's not something that was discontinued.

Font Auto part Machine Event Elbow

The only thing I can think of is that it might be is the solenoid that controls carbon canister air going to the intake manifold. This sits on the top left of the engine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Solenoid is part # 2? The one replaced on the campaign? Normally, that part has a hose connected, but not on my car, just the electrical connection. Thanks for the replays. I hate the damn yellow warning and check engine always on!

·
Registered
224 Posts
The solenoid, if it is a solenoid, is at the back of the car on the engine, just prior to where the output from the canister goes into the intake manifold. See photo below with the plug disconnected. I can't find anything in the wiring diagram that corresponds to this. The parts manual describes this pipe, that includes the electrical piece (solenoid?) as a 'vent line complete'.

#2 in this picture is the diagnosis module (it shows this in the TSB), which is the thing that neither of my cars have. Neither of my cars have #2, 6, 7, 9 or 10.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Personal luxury car Auto part

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Bumper Muffler

Automotive tire Gas Auto part Machine Automotive exterior

Mine with all the parts as the bulletin. 2015 Cayman S. Tomorrow I will disconnect the pressure switch to see if get another code.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well, I disconnect the pressure valve and get P0451 and the same P0453. Also I have voltage on connector. I even replace the old pressure valve with new canister and the same.

So, if the tank pressure is real? What next? Or I need to check the valve at the manifold?

Really lost now!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts