Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After buying my 2007 Cayman S in early June, I started getting a CEL which, after pulling the codes, ended up being a P2097 - Post Catalyst Fuel Trim System Too Rich Bank 1. The car has 120k miles, and my initial research pulled up that the post-cat O2 sensors were probably bad. I replaced both sensors just to be safe, and everything was fine for a while. In the last week or so, I've started getting the same CEL/code coming up again and now I'm concerned that it's something else. It doesn't sound like I have an exhaust leak anywhere, which is making me look at the cats possibly going bad. Is there any easy way for me to check that myself? Also, could it still be related to the O2 sensors in any way?

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
I've been wrestling with a similar CEL on bank 1 in my 2012 CS. Replaced both O2 sensors, and cleaned the MAF sensor, and after clearing with my Durametric the code goes away for a day or two then comes back. It's due for plugs and coils to be replaced; hoping that cures it...otherwise I'm thinking it may be a cat gone bad or (as my Durametric reports the CEL says) a fuel trim deviation that sadly only a trip to the dealer could address. Car runs like a top though, so I'm not too concerned about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.