Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know we've had plenty of gatherings in CT, NJ and even Long Island (sheesh!) but very few in PA (I recall one winter run way back in 2008, a visit to Hershey, and a quick Pocono Raceway last spring).

I want to plan something for later this year so that we can meet more of the folks from the boonies. :hilarious:

So, any suggestions on where we can hold an event? In the Pocono region or further south?

Let's hear it!

·
Registered
667 Posts
Pete,

Riesentoter region is having their monthly meeting, in May, at the new Porsche Distribution facility in Easton, PA. I spoke with Jim Sangiorgio of Knopf Automotive and he's happy to have fellow PCA members attend.....:gossip:

Monthly Meetings Schedule

Wednesday, May 26 2010, 6:00pm
Buffet at 6pm
Meeting at 7pm
Tour after meeting.

Knopf Automotive is proud to present an exclusive tour of the brand-new East Coast Porsche Distribution Center, located at the Chrin Commerce Centre, 170 Commerce Lane, Easton, PA. The 130,000-square-foot facility is home to a Porsche Academy Training Center, Porsche's Area East Office, and a new parts distribution center for the Northeast. RTR will be the first PCA chapter in the country to tour the facility. Social including catered dinner buffet starts at 6:00 pm, followed by the meeting, then the tour immediatly following. There will be special parking for RTR P-cars. For more information, contact RTR member Jim Sangiorgio @ 610-967-0787

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, for whatever reason I really want to check this facility out. Wednesday evening huh? Let me see what I can do...

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah, Jim said the training center is amazing.... all the high-tech gadgets & tools....

I'm looking forward to it. One of the very few meetings that is, literally, in my backyard.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Giants Despair Hill Climb will be held July10-11.
Pete remember we drove thru there on the PA drive that we did with Black Hawk.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's right Alan. We never got a chance to go back thanks to my job blowing up a few days later. I think I blocked out all memories of Dec. 2008.

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,875 Posts
fab944:

Thanks for the notification. This event sounds very interesting, but it's too long of a haul on a work night for me (unless, of course, I arrange to "wrap" it around a DE event...) ;) Please take plenty of photographs (if it's permissible to do so) and share them with the rest of us.

Regards,
Croc'ed
Pete,

Riesentoter region is having their monthly meeting, in May, at the new Porsche Distribution facility in Easton, PA. I spoke with Jim Sangiorgio of Knopf Automotive and he's happy to have fellow PCA members attend.....:gossip:

Monthly Meetings Schedule

Wednesday, May 26 2010, 6:00pm
Buffet at 6pm
Meeting at 7pm
Tour after meeting.

Knopf Automotive is proud to present an exclusive tour of the brand-new East Coast Porsche Distribution Center, located at the Chrin Commerce Centre, 170 Commerce Lane, Easton, PA. The 130,000-square-foot facility is home to a Porsche Academy Training Center, Porsche's Area East Office, and a new parts distribution center for the Northeast. RTR will be the first PCA chapter in the country to tour the facility. Social including catered dinner buffet starts at 6:00 pm, followed by the meeting, then the tour immediatly following. There will be special parking for RTR P-cars. For more information, contact RTR member Jim Sangiorgio @ 610-967-0787

1 - 7 of 7 Posts