Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe its just me. Drove the 981 today with PDK.. Everytime I made a hard right or left turn my hand hit the shifters and the transmission either shifted up or down. Since the shifters are integrated into the steering wheel and I steer at the 9 and 3 position, the shifters are constantly being pressed. I have driven the 987.2 on the track and never had this problem. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Mike

·
Registered
166 Posts
Gets the Sports wheel -----> problem averted!!

I find the shifters on the multifunction wheel to be more of a problem!!!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Maybe its just me. Drove the 981 today with PDK.. Everytime I made a hard right or left turn my hand hit the shifters and the transmission either shifted up or down.
I did the same during a test drive; which is why I ordered the SD wheel with paddles.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Yes its a PINA, I have ordered the Techart Paddle-shift kit for my multifunction wheel for just that reason.

:cheers:

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
634 Posts
you can buy the sport steering option with paddle from suncoast for the price of those Techart shifters:)
but then if you want to keep your multifunction steering wheel the techart option might be the best bet.. I lot of people did this with their TT,Panamera and cayennes

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Which will disengage the shift buttons on the wheel???
The information I have from Techart is:

I specifically asked if the original block shifters would be still functional and was advised they would no longer function and blank covers fitted.

I will advise and post pictures once mine is delivered and installed.

Reactions: magicayrton

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Yes its a PINA, I have ordered the Techart Paddle-shift kit for my multifunction wheel for just that reason.

Are they lime green colored?

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Are they lime green colored?
Ah, not as such. But I did consider sending them to DB-Carbon first to have them carbonated. :taunt:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Ah, not as such. But I did consider sending them to DB-Carbon first to have them carbonated. :taunt:
Lol......your investment in the carbon fiber industry makes NASA blush!

Reactions: Lime-Gold and BJR

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Interesting thread on Rennlist re: the TechArt paddles. I'd assume these are the same ones that are sold for the 981. Any other opinions re: their quality, fit/finish, and installation difficulty?

Looks like the price is in the $900 range, which does sound a bit steep for "a few pieces of plastic," as the guy in the other thread put it. That's a down payment on a really nice 3D printer. :)

·
Registered
551 Posts
I think the problem would be solved with a little option somewhere that says "disable steering wheel button shifters".......that I turn on and off at my discretion.

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I think the problem would be solved with a little option somewhere that says "disable steering wheel button shifters".......that I turn on and off at my discretion.
The other thing that might make sense is to set up the left button to perform upshifts when pressed from behind. Then they would work more like paddles. In conjunction with disabling the push-from-front functionality, that might eliminate a lot of the unwanted shifts people are making.

Does anyone know how to access the wiring harnesses that go to the buttons?

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
The other thing that might make sense is to set up the left button to perform upshifts when pressed from behind. Then they would work more like paddles. In conjunction with disabling the push-from-front functionality, that might eliminate a lot of the unwanted shifts people are making.

I believe this can be done in PIWIS.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts

Yes, see my thread on the Techart paddle install.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts