Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
I have them, IN STOCK in the Pagid Yellows/ Blacks - shoo tme a note for the discount --
Craig,
I need a set of front Pagid Yellows for my 06 CS. What is the best way to order? I need them by June 9.
Thanks

·
Tennessee Vol
649 Posts
A note to [email protected]
Ship out Tuesday of course -

Yellows are in extremely short supply; I may have some of the last sets in the USA. Cause: Volcano.
Good talking to you Craig. Thanks for shipping out the pads Tuesday. Yellows front, black rear if you have them. If not Yellow for the rear.
Thanks again.
Michael

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,319 Posts
What are the Cayman Spec cars using? Yellow RS-29s in front, Black RS-14s in back?

When folks discuss Pagid pads by color, keep in mind that there are often more than one compound in each color. Example, there are two compounds in Yellow (RS19, RS29), and there are two compounds in Blue (RS 4-2, RS 4-2-1).

I have recently tried a set of Blues, RS 4-2-1s. Personally, I felt these were an absolute waist of money and could never recommend them to any Cayman owner. They had marginally better bite and release than the OE pads, but they made a lot of noise and didn't last very long. I burned through them in 3 months, and I mean almost to the backing plate. Pedal was soft and modulation was very vague when the brakes were hot, just like the OE pads.

Following the Blues, I installed a set of Yellows, RS-29s up front, RS-19s in the back. I am very impressed with the bite, release and modulation. I mean really impressed. The pedal is rock hard, and stays rock hard even after many laps of hard hot braking. They are however incredibly noisy on the street, so I dropped street pads back in for street driving. Keep in mind, I did not install the damping plates or chamfer the edges, and there are folks who have that have report acceptable noise levels on street. The jury is still out on longevity. I have only done one day at Watkins Glen with them so far. I'll report more after their gone. I hope they last because I really like their perfomance, but their price is hard to swallow.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I'll be putting on a set of Pagid Blues (4-2-1) this week. I'm not a tracker and my stock pads still look brand new after 25,000 miles (only 5 track days) since I never brake. ;)

I've had these in the box for over 2 years and if I don't put them on now, I'll never do it since the original pads will never wear down with my style of driving.

If the Pagids will reduce my brake dust, I'll be a happy camper, noise and brake pedal feel be damned...

·
Registered
73 Posts
What do you recommend for someone who is planning to do 4-6 DE events per year? I'd like to upgrade from stock but don't want to live with squealing brakes every weekend that I'm not driving an event. Is there a good compromise?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Whole buncha Spec pads just in: Blacks, Yellows and even Oranges (Oranges not recommended for Spec cars though)
Why Oranges not recommended? I have orange installed front and back, and love them. In the track have to warm them up in my first lap, but once heated up, they brake stupendously!
:confused:

·
Registered
718 Cayman S
368 Posts
I had Oranges on my previous car. When pushed hard, my ABS went a little haywire. It would engage prematurely and overall it was confidence.... negating.

I now have Pagid Yellows on the car. Much more consistent and no ABS issue. However they turned white the last time I went to Infineon. From what I've read, that's related to overheating the pads. I guess should brake less, more often. :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.