Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've only had my cayman a few months and my car is already showing signs of road rash. It makes me cringe to see what looks like specks of dust on my hood...hope to repaint or get a paint protectant.
Anyone recommend a clear car bra?
My porsche dealer gave me an estimate of $1100 to custom cut the entire front of the car, but that seems a bit steep.
Any suggestions/insight would be appreciated

·
Registered
309 Posts
I had Roadblock install my clear bra. They did a good job and it cost around 1100-1200, although I had the dealer include it as part of the deal when I bought the car.

I've tried to contact Roadblock on a few occasions and they have never bothered to return my calls/inquiries. That's enough not to earn my business again.

You can probably save a little by not going through a dealer and going direct to the installer. Goodluck.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I had my 07 Cayman done (from the exterior mirrors forward) for about $1,200.00 at
Clear Guard for Cars in Hoffman Estates, (847) 571-0381. The guy works out of his
garage, I'm happy with the job which was done in May 2009. Happy motoring.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I had my 07 Cayman done (from the exterior mirrors forward) for about $1,200.00 at
Clear Guard for Cars in Hoffman Estates, (847) 571-0381. The guy works out of his
garage, I'm happy with the job which was done in May 2009. Happy motoring.
Andy at CGC does a great job. Maybe me custom kicks and was very reasonable. Regular coverage in the front will cost you around under 600. Whole front end gets expensive and only covers the whole hood and the the normal coverage from the cheaper coverage.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ordered the a kit from clearmask.com and installed it myself for about $350. The kit is supposedly the new generation of film. It's a 3 layer film that is nearly invisible on my cayman. If you are reasonably good with your hands it's not that hard of a job. You can start with the east parts and work your way to the more complicated stuff.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts