Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
PCA Member and Fully Matured Mod
3,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As reported in a different thread, and after at least Canada and the UK had PTS available on their configurator for a few days, it looks like it is the US's turn!

I checked and the two PTS boxes are visible. Already sent off a mail to my SA!

Now what colors are you considering?

I am currently considering one of

Birch green (is currently approved at least for 991 turbos :) )
69 911 tangerine (if available)
Gulf orange

I did see the signal green PTS 991 GT3 recently at my dealer and it looks great but is not popping enough for me. And the viper green PTS 997 GT3 RS I saw recently was also rather dark in the shade.

And another $6000 added to the order lol...

Reactions: Milehigh981

·
Registered
197 Posts
As reported in a different thread, and after at least Canada and the UK had PTS available on their configurator for a few days, it looks like it is the US's turn!

I checked and the two PTS boxes are visible. Already sent off a mail to my SA!

Now what colors are you considering?

I am currently considering one of

Birch green (is currently approved at least for 991 turbos :) )
69 911 tangerine (if available)
Gulf orange

I did see the signal green PTS 991 GT3 recently at my dealer and it looks great but is not popping enough for me. And the viper green PTS 997 GT3 RS I saw recently was also rather dark in the shade.

And another $6000 added to the order lol...
I'm considering Modegrau (Fashion Grey), it's a flat grey that's similar to Audi Nardo Grey, but lighter.
It was first used in the 1950s;
Porsche356registry.org • View topic - Help Needed For Pre A Paint Color

Attachments

·
PCA Nat'l DE Instructor
1,852 Posts
OK you've piqued my curiosity. Where can one get a "virtual" look at the available PTS colors? The USA P-car configurator doesn't offer anything but a generic black when selecting the custom exterior color option.

·
Registered
197 Posts
OK you've piqued my curiosity. Where can one get a "virtual" look at the available PTS colors? The USA P-car configurator doesn't offer anything but a generic black when selecting the custom exterior color option.
That's the problem, there is no virtual, and few side by side pictures of different color cars in the same light and with the same exposure.
I have heard that Porsche Exclusive is in the process of gathering all of the PTS color chips in it's LA and ATL centers.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
I asked dealer if Lava Orange would be available on the GT4 and he said it was not. He confirmed Pastelli Orange and Gulf Orange are approved PTS colors for the GT4/GTS. That's interesting because LO isn't even a PTS colr for the 911, it's just a 'special' paint, like GT Silver. I am also a big fan of Birch Green.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
I asked dealer if Lava Orange would be available on the GT4 and he said it was not. He confirmed Pastelli Orange and Gulf Orange are approved PTS colors for the GT4/GTS. That's interesting because LO isn't even a PTS colr for the 911, it's just a 'special' paint, like GT Silver. I am also a big fan of Birch Green.
Wow, haven't seen you in ages. I'm the guy who took your avatar photo! Still one of the nicest Caymans I've seen over the last 8 years. Do you still have that car?

I take it you have a GT4 on order?

·
Sprinsteen fanatic
452 Posts
Hi Pete!
Yes, I remember you taking that photo! No, I don't have the Cayman anymore. I'm driving around in a 2013 991S now, but I miss the Cayman, so I am talking to a dealer right now about either taking a GTS allocation he has or getting on a wait list for a GT4. Either way, I will likely go PTS with one of the greens (Birch, Signal or Viper).

·
Registered
46 Posts
Lava orange would be my first pick as a GT4 color if it were available. It's too bad it's not available on the GT4 because it's one of the color options for the GT3 RS, so they clearly have a supply.

·
Premium Member
6,776 Posts
Lava orange would be my first pick as a GT4 color if it were available. It's too bad it's not available on the GT4 because it's one of the color options for the GT3 RS, so they clearly have a supply.
Lava Orange is exclusive for 991, I guess. It's available for the 991 turbo/S along with the GT3 RS. I'm not a fan of it, however. While I like the Rivera & Mexica Blues, I'm madly in love with Voodoo Blue, yet highly obsessed with Birch Green.

I need to buy another Porsche just to fulfill this PTS itch :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hassan - I like silver as well, but you have two silver Porsches...You definitely need to mix it up. You could always wrap your Cayman in a crazy color for a while and then have it peeled off when you're tired of it. Wraps look really good these days, and they help protect the paint.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Gulf Orange is not an approved color, unfortunately. I love the original "slate grey" but am not sure it's got enough "pop" in it for a GT car. My order hasn't yet locked and I'm still going back and forth on Voodoo Blue. I love the color but every time I see it on a Toyota FJ cruiser I cringe a bit and the truth is that I'm already spending an awful lot of money for me. This is a HUGE splurge for us so another $6,000 (plus another 10% to the wonderful state of CA... which never really goes away, btw, since registration costs are a function of the value of your car)... I'm struggling with the additional cost.

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts