Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed that Porsche increased the price of paint to sample to $5K for 2010. I thought it used to be 3K but thats quite a substantial increase.

Thats quite a deterrent from doing it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
$5000 is cheaper than Audi's price!

As of 2010 model year Audi charges $6000 for paint to sample. You have the option to spec any "Audi" (not VAG family: VW, SEAT, Skoda or Porsche) color for $2500.

For 2009 it was $2500 for paint to sample (basically anything that is water based and not Lambo colors which are considered off limits).

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
It was $4,315 for metallic paint to sample in 2008. A dealer told me once that they tend to delay the paint to sample cars until the end of the production runs, but I do not know if that's really the case.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
It was $4,315 for metallic paint to sample in 2008. A dealer told me once that they tend to delay the paint to sample cars until the end of the production runs, but I do not know if that's really the case.
Yes, Porsche won't offer Paint to Sample for initial launch of new models. For example, the Spyder isn't available yet. I have heard though in Europe it will be available starting with the August builds. I wouldn't say end of production run though... just not at launch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.