Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the new Cayennes are being delivered, it's time for Porsche AG to surprise US with 2-door coupe variants of the Panamera.

They would sell like hot cakes!

Porsche, are you listening?

NOW IS THE TIME.

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
sweet concept...but I fear this would be a slippery slope and next thing you know porsche is like BMW with a slew of cars in their portfolio...not sure how quality would hold up over the long run.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'd have no problems with another car in the line up if it was a GT (928 or whatever they would call it.) Thats the kind of car I want to see, and after some one else takes the depreciation hit, one day own. I'm more worried about a car slotted in below the boxster/cayman.

Then again, as I see it they only really have 4 models right now: 987, 997, 957 and the 970. All the variants are pretty easy to follow, S, turbo, GT, etc. They'd have a long way to go before they got anywhere near as bad as BMW:

1,3,5,5GT,6,7,X1,X3,X5,X6,Z4.

Although "Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet" is almost as difficult to spit out as "BMW z4 s-drive 35i." :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nah, it would be a front engine vehicle, a grand tourer. Hope it would look like this:

I think it's inevitable... it was my first thought when I looked at the
Panamera. Let's face it, it would also be a great car! How about they
also make it a hard top convertible and put a dent in SL sales ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts