Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Porsche Pajun under development

With the Panamera proving to be a resounding sales success, a new report is indicating Porsche is developing a smaller model to target the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes E-Class.

Tentatively dubbed the Pajun - for Panamera Junior - the car would mix traditional Porsche styling with a four-door coupe design. In essence, the idea mimics the philosophy of the Cajun by taking a successful model and building a smaller, cheaper version of it.
Read more: Porsche Pajun under development - report

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Surprised? Yes!

Disappointed? Yes!

Personally I see Porsche losing its original fans and replacing them with 20 something singles and 30 something family "Volks". Sadly the ownership of Porsche by VW is driving Porsche far away from its image, heritage and original fans. Yes, it is going to be a profitable company but on the expense of everything else.

"With the Panamera proving to be a resounding sales success, a new report is indicating Porsche is developing a smaller model to target the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes E-Class.

Tentatively dubbed the Pajun - for Panamera Junior - the car would mix traditional Porsche styling with a four-door coupe design. In essence, the idea mimics the philosophy of the Cajun by taking a successful model and building a smaller, cheaper version of it. Under the hood, engine options would reportedly carryover from the Panamera so expect petrol, hybrid, and diesel variants.

While nothing is official, Autobild is reporting the Pajun could be launched in 2016 with prices starting at €60,000.
"

Read more: Porsche Pajun under development - report

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Totally agree with these feelings - the caché of Porsche-ownership will become more and more diluted, it risks becoming something not so special.

The Cayenne was ok at the time purely in view of its success in funding R&D for the "real" sports cars in the range, but I simply do not see why Porsche would want to "target" BMW models for example, what is it they feel they need to prove (should be other, lesser brands learning from Porsche)?

On the other hand, looks to me like Ferrari is going the other way they are retaining their exclusivity with newer models such as the 458.

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Re: Porsche Pajun under development

Thank you Interpol... I see you already did beat me to it. I'd be grateful if you could merge my thread at Panamera's Forum with this one.

You didn't say how did you like the idea though... what do you think?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts