Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never thought I'd have to start a tire thread, but after trying to research tires for my new to me 2010 Panamera 4S. I'm pretty much stumped. The car has 8x19 and 9 x19 factory wheels. It came to me with Michelin AS3+ all season tires that have about another spring/summer in them, so time to start looking. I live in snow country so, ideally, an All-Weather (mountain/snowflake) tire would be the correct answer, in my opinion. Except they don't make them that size. My second choice would be to get Winter tires and wear them out quickly. Third alternative would be a used set of 18" wheels with Winter tires, and swap twice a year. Last would be another set of AS3+ and not drive it in the winter.

What do you do? :unsure:

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
wish I can help - at least bump this thread for some fellow cold weather drivers to respond.... :)

perhaps your options also depend if you have space to store the extra wheels and if you want to the panamera to be used in winter vs. other cars in the family?

·
Registered
299 Posts
The smart thing would be to buy a set of winter wheels and tires. The other smart thing would be to forget all seasons and put summer tires on the stock rims. Swapping the wheels out once a year is very easy. Having the right tire for the right season is much safer for you and both sets of tires will last you several seasons. Summer tires typically shouldn't be used when the temperature drops much below 40 degrees, but give much better performance than all seasons in warmer weather. Winter tires are great in cold weather and snow, much better than all seasons. You can certainly find a set of winter wheels and tires around $1500, it's a good investment.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree, which is why my garage looks like tire storage. But adding tires and wheels is not easy, since the Panamera has somewhat unique offset wheels, and 18” tires are scarce. 2 sets of tires and 4 wheels gets over $4K in a hurry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts