Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Panameras Burning oil?

Has anyone had a problem with the Panamera going through a quart of oil in under 500 miles?

My brother-in-law has a new Panamera (~4mos old) (I have an '09 Boxster and can usually be found on the 987 forum) and he appears to be going through oil at this rate. He will be talking to the zone rep soon.

He is not happy and has not been impressed with the response from Porsche so far.

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Is it a turbo Panny? I'm asking because I've seen reports on rennlist.com from someone with a Turbo reporting serious usage during break in, but it slow down as mileage increased.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it a turbo Panny? I'm asking because I've seen reports on rennlist.com from someone with a Turbo reporting serious usage during break in, but it slow down as mileage increased.
It's a non-turbo.

·
Super Moderator
10,402 Posts
Humm. The best advice I can offer is to document this usage with the service department and keep very good records on the amount of oil added and the mileage intervals.

At 500 miles, unless there is an obvious leak, I doubt Porsche will do anything right now except tell you to watch and wait. In the flat-6 987/997 world, there is a percentage of engines that burn more oil from day one for whatever reason.

Since the undercarriage of the Panny is almost completely covered for aerodynamic reasons, get it to the dealer to have them remove these panels and inspect for any leaks. This should be a warranty service.

Best of luck and let us know what happens.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts