Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Parade Report - Vic Elford & the Cayman Club Gang!

I just got back to the hotel room from spending the day at the Porsche Parade Concours and Paddock staffing the Cayman Register table. We gave out 100 free Cayman S posters, 50 brochures on the Cayman Register and this website and sold all 15 of the shirts we ordered in for the event. (More shirts can be ordered from the Cayman Shop). There was a LOT of interest at the table, many questions about my car and its modifications, the register and 'Vic Elford's comments' [See Home Page] Several people wanted to hear the exhaust so we fired that up quite a few times.

First, Vic Elford's comments. For those who don't know Vic Elford is an icon and legend in Porsche racing history (see Vic Elford: official web site ) Vic was giving a keynote speech today and said that he had a new favorite sports car. He has owned and driven 911's for the last 40 years, but he has a new favorite, the Cayman S! I tell you an atomic bomb went off in that room. He favors the mid-engine configuration of the Cayman and praised its handling and pure essence of a sports car. I must have been asked 100 times today 'Did you hear Vic Elford's comments?' from people coming up to our table in the paddock. Yes I heard them loud and clear and sought Vic out to give him a brochure and a free Cayman Register t-shirt (see pic on home page). Here I am showing Vic what to do with the air restrictor on his Cayman...

I also had the pleasure of meeting several people who are either regulars on this website or frequent it but don't do a lot of posting. Itwas nice to hear all of the praise and the most common question I got was 'how do you find time to do it all?' or 'thanks for that article - just what I needed' - so that sort of thing is great to hear and yes I use a time machine to create more than 24 hours in a day or ask Stefan, sleep is optional for me. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/tounge_smile.gif

Well let me leave you with a picture of the motley crew in the paddock, let's see who can name everyone in this picture! Quiz Time!

Last but not least we also had a movie star on hand! Sally Porsche!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Wow, that is high praise indeed coming from Mr. Elford. Hard to question his credentials. 'Pure essence of a sports car', that is just beautiful. He really gets it. I had a conversation with a guest at a partylast eveningthat stated that for the money I should have purchased a new Z06. I tried to explain to him that after having had 2 C5 Z06's that I was looking for a different, I wish I had said 'pure', experience. If I said it once I've said it 100 times, this car is special!

·
Premium Member
2,173 Posts
Atom bomb is right, coming from a Porsche racing legend such as Mr. Elford! I can't say I'm surprised entirely about his perceptions of the Cayman, just that he would share that observation so freely with PCA.

·
last race, 1958 AD
478 Posts
Obviously all five people in the quiz picture are Ken Smiley---that's how he keeps so many balls in the air!

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Very, very cool. Where is the Porsche Parade next year? Anybody know? A day does not go by that someone does not complement me on the Cayman S. It just might be the coolest car ever!

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
K-Man S,

No fair, you got to hang out with Vic Elford all day! I am thouroughly jealous! Alas, I have only seen him from a far at the 24 hours of Daytona. It seems strange to see him hanging out in shorts and boat shoes. I have only ever seen him inhis business suit-a Nomex suit! Again, onlyfrom a far or in pictures. I did get to see Pedro Rodriguez and Leo Kinnunen(Sp?) up close and personalafter their win at Daytona but that was only by chance and I certainly wasn't hanging out with them. That is absolutely amazing what he said about the Cayman S. That verges on heresy in the ranks of the Porsche status quo!

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
gatorcayman,

next year it'll be an even longer drive for you to get to Parade. How's San Diego suit you?

Very, very cool. Where is the Porsche Parade next year? Anybody know? A day does not go by that someone does not complement me on the Cayman S. It just might be the coolest car ever!

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
ok, only one I've met is K-Man S

so, I'd say left to right you've got Hot KMan, Beez, hvdcman & P-Nut

strictly a guess

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
My right brain does seem to pick out Mr. Las Vegas....this is a contest where you can only lose...everyone is happy and beautiful.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
Did you check out Sally's tattoo? The hate mail from the 911 group that thinks anything else is not a Porsche should be starting up.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
What, no love for Sally Porsche? ;) Ok still no clue on who is who in the group photo? Here's a hint, I'm the one kneeling down! Others pictured are

Hot Kman

Hvdcman

P-Nut

Beez

I'll let you try to figure out who is who among them!
Ok, I'll bite...

Left to right, and actually I have no clue

Hot Kman
Beez
P-nut
Hdvcman

·
Premium Member
636 Posts
You're all wrong so far!

·
Registered
741 Posts
K-man S, sorry, but I don't know Sally Porsche. Now there is a certainSally Carrera, I do know, although not that well. /fckeditor/editor/images/smiley/MWPX/wink_smile.gif

Rudy

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
zornet said:
Here’s my guess: From Left to Right. Hvdcman, P-Nut, Beez, Hot Kman and your up front Ken.
Well like that game with the pegs mind something or other, you've got all the names right, but only 1 in the right position.

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
<blockquote id="quote">quote:<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />

What, no love for Sally Porsche? ;) Ok still no clue on who is who in the group photo? Here's a hint, I'm the one kneeling down! Others pictured are

Hot Kman

Hvdcman

P-Nut

Beez

I'll let you try to figure out who is who among them!
<hr id="quote" noshade="noshade" height="1" />
Ok, I'll bite... Left to right, and actually I have no clue Hot Kman Beez P-nut Hdvcman
</blockquote>

Only 1 right!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts