Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anone have experience with them ? I know they are a sponsor but so far things are starting off on a bad foot - called about a car that was listed oon the porschedealer site as a CPO CS for 42,9. - Saler person informed me it was not a CPO, and that he would call back. Checked the site a few hours later price has jumped up 2K. Just wondering what others have experienced?

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I'm looking all over the country for a car at present and have had several conversation with Jason Putt . . all most impressive.

One caveat that you need to be aware of, and I have been finding out, is that the Porsche website are woefully outdated and more of a historical recitation of cars they once had. The good dealers, and Park Place is I believe one of the top in the USA, move these things fast.

Best bet . . pick up the phone and call of get a list of what's inbound. Jason has two on the way in that seem to be close to what I am looking for.

I am contrasting this with a local dealer I wrote asking "do you have any Caymans in stock" and got a response . . "yes".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the insight. I agree the dealer search site is flawed - I have now called multiple dealers who had cars listed as CPO only to find that although the cars were still in inventory they were not in fact CPO.

What bothered me about park place was the fact that the sales person I spoke with (cant remember if his name was keith or kevin) never gave me a call back to let me know if they would in fact CPO the car, and/or what the adjusted costs would be etc. No response from them at all after I provided all contact info, and asked for a followup after he spoke wiht his manager.

I think I'll give a call down and ask to speak w/ Jason as it seems he is providieng the level of service I have come to expect from a dealer.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Thank you for the insight. I agree the dealer search site is flawed - I have now called multiple dealers who had cars listed as CPO only to find that although the cars were still in inventory they were not in fact CPO.

What bothered me about park place was the fact that the sales person I spoke with (cant remember if his name was keith or kevin) never gave me a call back to let me know if they would in fact CPO the car, and/or what the adjusted costs would be etc. No response from them at all after I provided all contact info, and asked for a followup after he spoke wiht his manager.

I think I'll give a call down and ask to speak w/ Jason as it seems he is providieng the level of service I have come to expect from a dealer.
First and foremost I would like to apologize on behalf of the other salesman whom you spoke with. I don't know any more particulars than what you have described but I can assure you that your experience sounds extremely atypical of the level of service we strive to provide our clients.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you have any questions or needs moving forward.

I look forward to having the opportunity to speak with you and assist you in your Cayman search.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Best bet . . pick up the phone and call of get a list of what's inbound. Jason has two on the way in that seem to be close to what I am looking for.
They are both here now Court (I sent you the pic of the Arctic silver one yesterday), awaiting you to choose either Black or Arctic Silver!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke w/ Jason yesterday afternoon and as other members have said, he was very helpful and professional. Just wanted to update the thread so that if anyone else comes across it via search they know that my first call may in fact have been an anomaly.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm a first-time Porsche buyer (yesterday) and wanted to let you know the power of communities and people taking the time to refer others on these communities.

After reading this post and searching the forum, I was impressed by Jason Putnam's references and involvement on these forums. This made me select Park Place over Boardwalk (who is close to my house). Having run a high-sales organization I can tell you most sales reps look for inbound leads but don't take the effort to work with the community and build a reputation. For that reason, I headed to Park Place yesterday.

I couldn't resist buying a red '11 Cayman S. I'm getting some personal adjustments done but cannot wait to get it in my hands on the car later this week.

My experience with Park Place (esp Jason Putnam) was hand's down - beyond my expectations. Looking forward to posting pictures of the croc here later this week and being involved in the Planet 9 forum - looks like a great group of helpful enthusiasts.

--

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm a first-time Porsche buyer (yesterday) and wanted to let you know the power of communities and people taking the time to refer others on these communities.

After reading this post and searching the forum, I was impressed by Jason Putnam's references and involvement on these forums. This made me select Park Place over Boardwalk (who is close to my house). Having run a high-sales organization I can tell you most sales reps look for inbound leads but don't take the effort to work with the community and build a reputation. For that reason, I headed to Park Place yesterday.

I couldn't resist buying a red '11 Cayman S. I'm getting some personal adjustments done but cannot wait to get it in my hands on the car later this week.

My experience with Park Place (esp Jason Putnam) was hand's down - beyond my expectations. Looking forward to posting pictures of the croc here later this week and being involved in the Planet 9 forum - looks like a great group of helpful enthusiasts.

--
Thank you for your kind words Chris. We are wrapping up all your personal/custom modifications to your 2011 Cayman S as I write this.

I can't wait for you to post some photos so everyone can see how unique and well thought out your Cayman S truly is!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Park Place runs a very profession dealership, I was shopping last year for a used and they were very accommodating, IMHO, they get it. Glad things worked out for you. Enjoy your new car. S

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.