Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just finished installing OEM Front Rotors with Stoptech Sport Pads F/R on my 2009 987.2 CS.

The install went exactly as planned, with the only exception being that I had to ziptie the old (reused) rear wear sensors out of the way as they don't fit cleanly into the pad notch. The front sensors went it just fine. Both were NOT tripped/worn down to active the dash alert and could be reused.

Upon bedding in the brakes as normal I noticed the wear alert came on the dash along with the parking brake light. I went through the motions here, trying to loosen rather than tighten the adjuster thinking the added pad thickness set it off: http://www.planet-9.com/987-cayman-and-boxster-problems-and-complaints/3196-parking-brake-issue.html

As well as the Pelican article here:
Porsche Boxster Parking Brake Adjustment- 986 / 987 (1997-08) - Pelican Parts Technical Article

Basically trying to simply loosen the parking springs on both hubs. I also tried setting the brake, turning off the car, then starting it back up to see if sensors or the like to need to adjust to the new pad thickness. Without the parking brake engaged....Light is still on.

I tried doing a downhill "N" roll, there's no sound of contact at the rear, and the parking brake, when engaged functions normally, though the light never turns off.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently, "idiot light" can mean many different things. Here's what it meant this time....

I thought I had seated the rear sensors back into the harness and clipped them in properly...wrong.
Pulled the wheels, examined the sensors and sure enough there was another few mm's of insert to fully seat the sensor into the harness. Clip went back on/over without struggle. Fired up the car. Sure enough both the "!" and "BRAKE" warning lights are gone. SMH.

Note to self and cautionary tale, the simplest/most obvious solution IS usually right one.

Successful day at Laguna Seca yesterday (pics to come in another post/section), got the car down into 1:50s - first time driving the car on track with nothing but brake mods, everything else bone stock.

What a machine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.