Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
On Probation
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i sorta get the left or right parking light on while parked [utterly useless in the states] but the power windows working when the door is open and no key in it.....are they trying to mimic window valet ? sup wit dat ?

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Are you talking about the small movement to release pressure when the door is closed or does your car have the modification that allows remote window opening and closing???

There is no roadside parking in your part of the US unlike my part?

·
On Probation
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about the small movement to release pressure when the door is closed or does your car have the modification that allows remote window opening and closing???

There is no roadside parking in your part of the US unlike my part?
using the switches
i can open my door and the windows go up or down [all the way] without the key in the ignition,if i close the door the windows wont work [no key in the ignition].....as far as parking...i,m in NEW wadda u lookin at JERSEY when we park we have armed guards or flares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi SantaFe

What is the modification that allows remote window opening and closing?

I opened my car the other day and when I got in I realised that the drivers side window was open. I could swear that it wasn't open when I locked up so either I am going mad or it opened itself.

Any thoughts? Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
336 Posts
using the switches
i can open my door and the windows go up or down [all the way] without the key in the ignition,if i close the door the windows wont work [no key in the ignition].....as far as parking...i,m in NEW wadda u lookin at JERSEY when we park we have armed guards or flares
I still don't understand what you're saying.

Could you please describe the conditions of what happens, and what you expected to happen.

For example: Key out, car unlocked, when you open the door the window goes down all the way (instead of the half-inch it should) ?

From your first post, what I think you're asking is "why do the windows work after you've removed the keys". The answer to that is they only work for a brief period of time when the car is effectively on "standby" as it's expecting you to put the keys in and go. If you lock it, or if you wait for ~30sec they deactivate.

·
Cayman Enthusiast
9,995 Posts
Hi SantaFe

What is the modification that allows remote window opening and closing?

I opened my car the other day and when I got in I realised that the drivers side window was open. I could swear that it wasn't open when I locked up so either I am going mad or it opened itself.

Any thoughts? Cheers, Dave
Sponsor "mods 4 cars" sells a add on for that. Search for them to find out more. http://www.mods4cars.com/?vbseourl=ads/www/delivery/ck.php
The Owner's Manual also describes a procedure for calibrating the windows (there are several threads on that here as well).

·
On Probation
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I still don't understand what you're saying.

Could you please describe the conditions of what happens, and what you expected to happen.

For example: Key out, car unlocked, when you open the door the window goes down all the way (instead of the half-inch it should) ?

From your first post, what I think you're asking is "why do the windows work after you've removed the keys". The answer to that is they only work for a brief period of time when the car is effectively on "standby" as it's expecting you to put the keys in and go. If you lock it, or if you wait for ~30sec they deactivate.
i,m saying i can open the door and use the window switches[the key is in the house] if i close the door the switches dont work. there isnt any issues with the windows ...they index,express up/down and work normal with the key on.just thought i was odd they work with no key and door open

·
I'm an excellent driver ....
1,628 Posts
i,m saying i can open the door and use the window switches[the key is in the house] if i close the door the switches dont work. there isnt any issues with the windows ...they index,express up/down and work normal with the key on.just thought i was odd they work with no key and door open
I have a '06 CS with Mod for Cars relay and I cannot open my windows with doors open and no key in the ignition.

·
Cayman Register Advocate
7,305 Posts
I've never noticed this on mine. In fact, I'm pretty sure mine doesn't work like this. I'll have to check when I get home.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yes, that does seem unnatural. Windows should work irrespective of door state. Whenever you actuate a door the car goes into a "we're about to move" state where all the systems sort of prime themselves. What I don't get, is that this state persists for maybe 30s before going back down to standby. Last I recalled, I could open my windows closely after working a door, but wait long enough and they don't respond.

I only encounter it when I'm cleaning the windscreen from the inside, though. I leave the keys out, open the window for more elbow room, and have to open the door to close them again. (provided it's spent a few minutes with the door shut)

Personally I'm just mildly concerned you're leaving the car unlocked.

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
i sorta get the left or right parking light on while parked [utterly useless in the states] but the power windows working when the door is open and no key in it.....are they trying to mimic window valet ? sup wit dat ?
mine work the same way....I think it's a convenience factor....you know if you open the car with the windows still down, it gives you the benefit of putting them back up without putting the key back in. I can't recall how many times in my old cars I would do this, only to get back in, put the key back in, turn the ignition ever so slightly just so I can get power to the power windows to fix my problem. I have to admit, feature or not, I like this on our cars

·
Premium Member
602 Posts
Funny, found out the same thing last night, kinda remember couple times in the past where the keys were out for quite some time and I wanted to close the windows and lock it up and just opened the door and ran the window up without putting in the key. But yesterday was done purposely, meaning I was aware of it sitting for 2-3 hours while I cut grass went for little mountain bike ride then washed it, b4 washing, the window was open, so I just opened the door and closed the window, no keys, was wondering if it was normal, but didn't care, saved me from getting the keys....:dance:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts