Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can anyone confirm what the part number is imprinted on the back of the Porsche colored wheel crest? Is it: 7L5.601.149.E

I just got a set for my car, but they don't seem to be fitting quite right on my 19" Carrera S wheels. I'm not sure if the dealer gave me the wrong crests by accident, and just wanted to confirm the number before taking them back. As I understand it, the wheel crests are supposed to be the same for all of the standard Porsche wheels for the 2006-2008 Cayman/Boxster, excluding the 19" Carrera Sport (in GT silver) and 19" Turbo wheels.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the quick reply, Santa Fe. Unfortunately the part (SKU) numbers on both the Porsche site and on Suncoasts site don't match the numbers that are actually imprinted on the crest itself - not even close. But I don't think they're intended to. That would be too easy... I tossed out the box when I got them a couple of weeks ago, so I don't know what the SKU number is. :(

I was hoping one of our members had a colored crest lying around that they could easily flip over and confirm the number that's imprinted on the back of the crest for me. Or that someone would be willing to pull one of their crests off their factory 18" or 19" wheel to verify the part number.

Given the multiple variations of wheel caps Porsche offers across their model range, this would be a useful number to put in the Cayman Club FAQs as well.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Cayman S:

I do have 4 colored crests off my spare Cayman S track wheels right here in front of me and the part number you cited is correct.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Carpetyd:

You are correct. I'm old, don't see well, and probably suffer from dyslexia.

The part number is as you stated: 7L5.601.149E

Please forgive my misinformation.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Carpetyd:

You are correct. I'm old, don't see well, and probably suffer from dyslexia.

Your old? You can't see?
It took me about 10 minutes to try to read the part number, then I asked one of the young guys to read it & then I still typed it wrong.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Carpetyd and GilFrank, thank you so much for the confirmation - I really appreciate it. It looks like I'm the one that's dyslexic (I meant to type 7L5.601.149E in my original post - it's been corrected). After fiddling around with them some more this afternoon, I got the caps to fit properly. The clips weren't snapping in all the way for some reason.

:cheers:

It's a minor detail, but the car looks so much better with the colored wheel crests installed. Thanks again and Merry Christmas!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts