Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2006 Cayman S, manual transmission. Looking to buy a left-front "wheel-housing liner", just the front piece, not the center or rear piece. The little rubber aero deflector thing that hangs down became rather semi attached, so I went ahead and pulled it all the way off. Not a smart move. It is molded or glued on somehow, and it looks like I need to buy the whole front third of the wheel housing liner.

The parts book I have lists two different part numbers: 987-504-123-00 for model number I480 and 987-504-123-02 for part number I249. What do these model numbers mean, and how do I tell which one I need to buy?

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
The parts book I have lists two different part numbers: 987-504-123-00 for model number I480 and 987-504-123-02 for part number I249. What do these model numbers mean, and how do I tell which one I need to buy?
The first part number is for the manual the second is for the Tiptronic the only difference is the tiptronic has more of the vents cut out but the shape is the same :)

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
Thanks for the reply. That clears it up. How do you find out these things?
Well...... I had a manual car and put the extra 3rd radiator in, which requires the underside of the front bumper cutting to allow the airflow to escape, along with the front bottom of the wheel arch liners having all the preformed cutouts opened up.
When I'd purchased the new bits I noticed that they were the same as the manual with the extra 3 preformed shapes opened into ducts !! …basically I wasted my money as I could have done it myself to the standard ones….!!!!!
Please remember some of us have had the car coming up to 5 years (in November) so we’ve played with most things

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.