Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Anyone have experience on returning parts for exchange with design911? I am located in Hong Kong and lately I helped my mate to purchase a set of LFW and Sachs sport clutch for his 987.2 CS online. Before I ordered the parts, I have asked them to ensure the parts compatibility for the car. It turned out that the clutch disc and pressure plate are not compatible with the LFW. My poor friend found out when he had his car in the garage for the installation, after founding out the LFW and the new clutch are not compatible, they installed the stock flywheel back and install the new clutch, hoping that they fit. It could be installed but the clutch cannot be released. At the end the car was towed back to his place as there is no space in the garage for his car.

Design911 is now asking me to pay for the correct parts and would only refund after I sent the incorrect parts back to them. I do not think it is right as it is not my fault since I have asked the compatibility before ordering, also I do not understand the logic of asking me to pay for the exchanging parts. I already have to bear the cost of shipping them back and I think it is not sensible to pay for something that I would eventually get a refund.

Appreciate any members here to share your experience in exchanging parts with design911. Now they do not responded my email after I questioned their logic on asking me to pay for the exchange parts.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Sorry to hear about your troubles. But, I wanted to let you know it is standard procedure to have incorrect parts returned prior to sending replacement parts, no matter who's fault it was. Otherwise the company has no way of insuring that you will ever return the original parts. Good luck in the future.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sigh, I can only return the wrong parts when doing the installation with the correct parts as the clutch is on the immobilized car right now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts