Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! My 06 CS will not start after not being used for 2 weeks. I have a CTEK US 7002 plugged in for two weeks and this morning after I remove the CTEK it won't start. It has been working fine ever since I used the CTEK but this morning is different. I plugged in my Durametric and I see a PAS 8001 supply voltage. What is this code? Oversupply of voltage? The battery voltage meter looks OK.
The car when started just clicks and no cranking noise. Darn it as I was just about to take her out. This blows.:helpme:

·
On Probation
582 Posts
using a DVOM what is the voltage at the batt without the charger and key off ? oem batt? water level in batt ? try the headlights...bright ?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I spoke to a Porsche dealer tech rep and they said it's the battery. They claim the OEM Porsche battery doesn't last. I will get a new battery.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
using a DVOM what is the voltage at the batt without the charger and key off ? oem batt? water level in batt ? try the headlights...bright ?
With the key off and charger, the voltmeter says 12V but my VOM is ancient. I'm getting a new DVOM and a battery. It is an OEM. I'm not sure how to check the water level. The HID headlights won't turn on.
Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.