Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 06 Cayman S w/ PASM. The front OEM springs have drupped about 3/4 to 1" relative to the back. It looks like I dropped my car and forgot to drop the back. My car has about 19K miles, and I have tracked the car. The front springs are bringing more weight to the front, and the car is pushing where it did not push before.

Anybody else with simillar experiences? ANy comments would be appreciated.

I am planning to change to coilovers sometimes in the future.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Hmm, have you measured the heights? There is a thread that compares them. There is quite a difference from car to car.

Also, typically raising the rear means that more weight gets transferred to REAR and the car gets loose as rear tires work more. So what you are describing does not add up.

Look up articles on corner balancing, etc. Having said that, sometimes suspension tuning does not follow logical path - many variables.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as the transfer weight I stand corrected. I have added sway bar drop links, and lower control arms. The car still pushes. The weight transfer would explain the rear pad wear.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
My Eibachs seems to have dropped after the last track event. I am scraping now where I did not before... and this event was not hard at all. At most 40 miles at the track, 50 degree weather, little rain. So almost like a Sunday drive...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 06 Cayman S w/ PASM. The front OEM springs have drupped about 3/4 to 1" relative to the back. It looks like I dropped my car and forgot to drop the back. My car has about 19K miles, and I have tracked the car. The front springs are bringing more weight to the front, and the car is pushing where it did not push before.

Anybody else with simillar experiences? ANy comments would be appreciated.

I am planning to change to coilovers sometimes in the future.
We had a similar problem with our 2008 Cayman S Sport with PASM. A few months ago, every time we would autocross it with Hoosier A6s, the left front corner would jack itself down 15mm-20mm. It did this repeatedly. The local Porsche dealer replaced the left front damper and the problem is gone.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.