Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1,890 Posts
havent done it in a Cayenne, but if they are using parts from the same VW/Audi bin, these things are known to fail. I've replaced both sides on my Cayman and it was unlocking that got lazy, leading to getting stuck in the car!

· Administrator
2,222 Posts
Yes - mine crapped out and wouldn't lock. It seems the starboard (passenger in US) side rear is the first to fail in the 958 series. I've seen multiple reports of it failing. Replacement was around $500 at an independent shop (several hours labor, door disassembly is required.)

· Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I replaced the passenger rear actuator yesterday. It took about 3 hours but would have taken less if I had the proper tools to release the door handle and E5 external torx socket. Good news is that door locks now and the alarm chirps.

Here are some photos I took:

Door panel removed
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior

Loosening the 2 E5 bolts clamping the window to the regulator. (Turn clockwise to loosen.)
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Personal luxury car
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Water Rim Fixture

Exterior door handle needs to be removed so the entire actuator/door handle assembly can be pulled out for actuator replacement.
Gas Automotive exterior Auto part Cable Electrical wiring

· Registered
70 Posts
I stripped one of those bolts and now need to reach around and get it from the front side. It's hard but I managed to get to the head side of that bolt with a 1/4" drive. Now that I see that picture, I'm ordering another bolt today an swill hold it for the next time that panel is off. I think I'll buy extra.

Thanks for posting that I forgot about that bolt. Best tip for anyone looking to do this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.