Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home to a dead battery, and went through the usual steps to get my Boxster started. (had to go the wheel well route) Once I got a charge on the battery, I noticed that the passenger side marker light and rear brake/running light were staying on. This is probably the reason the battery died. Any ideas why this is happening and what I can check?

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
You may have checked this but look to see if the turn signal lever is engaged to the right. That will power the tail light and front marker light with the ignition off. It's a German car thing. Many of them do this.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
You may have checked this but look to see if the turn signal lever is engaged to the right. That will power the tail light and front marker light with the ignition off. It's a German car thing. Many of them do this.
+1....leaving the turn signal stalk engaged when you turn off the car will leave the lights on the corresponding side lit. Hopefully you tried the fuse box routine before the wheel well because it's not that difficult and is relatively easy compared to the wheel well access. If it didn't work for you then in all probability you were doing something wrong or had a bad ground for the negative cable.:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I think that was it...

As for the fuse panel attempt, I'm puzzled. I seem to have had a good connection because I could get a solid click with the ignition as well as running lights -- but the latch just wouldn't pop. Fortunately the wheel well only took about 20 minutes.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I remember reading some time ago that once you have your cables set using the fuse box method that only the key fob will open the frunk and not the switches on the door sill. Or it could be the other way around but I think not. Regardless, one would think it would work either way but apparently it doesn't. Too late now but for future reference it's worth confirming with a search on this site. There may even be an article but it's here somewhere.:cheers:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts