Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured i would start this thread so people could comment on 1/4 mile times, 0-60 times on various TPC Turbo Setups... Please list the results like this:

Year:
Chassis:
Engine:
Modifications:

0-60(mph)
0-100(km/h)
1/4 Mile Time and Trap Speed

Or Lap times at certain tracks(IE. VIR/Summit/Glen etc...)

Thanks!

·
Registered
639 Posts
really????? no one ever posted anything in here? lol

I had a gtech box and got a 4.3 0-100 km/h

with a 2009 PDK low pressure 0.3 TPC system and no further mods

but will re-do soon with a racelogic Pbox and also have 100-200 km/h

·
Cayman The Destroyer!
2,652 Posts
I choose not to supject my car to the driveline shock of 0-60 runs. Stop light drags are just not important to me.

There have been 1/4 mile and various lap time posted elsewhere on the site. If they are important to you do a search and agragate them here

·
Registered
639 Posts
yes 0-100 is also due to so many factors like tires, street surface, weather etc

rather less interesting - my best 100-100 km/h time though was a 10,2 which although quite nice for a 987 platform did disappoint my expectations - and the 10,2 was the best out of several runs

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
Alex, I have to say your run figures are rather interesting... You have the advantage of the PDK and launch control that gives you a better 0-100 than mine. In my case, my car continues to burn rubber till mid range of 2nd gear...

On the other hand, the PDK as far as I know doesn't provide the same horsepower as the manual... in terms of numbers yours produce less HP yet it's faster in acceleration than MT.

You can switch to Hi Boost on the Greddy to reach your desired 0.4 bar. But it's advised to use racing fuel for it.

I guess the bottom line isn't how many horsepowers can you reach, or how much boost can you run rather than how much of that can your car put to the ground.

Forget the numbers and go unleash your beast to mark its territory ;)

·
Registered
639 Posts
hi hassan,

mine has no option to change the boost pressure anywhere

TPC said it runs on 0,3 but my boost indicator shows a 0,4

i run it with ARAL (BP) fuel 102 - the power of the car is somewhere around

a 997 GT3 MKI - not bad indeed but TPC's spyder runs significantly more hp

so that "inaccuracy" gives me food for thought as i have expressed in other

threads already you will probably have seen or will see too ;-)

in any case yes 0-100 figure is totally to be neglected for the grip reason

i run 11x19 on the rear with 275 hankook s1 since the 295 zero nero would rub

on the fender - funny the wider tire would still produce the better 0-100 time

4.3 - while the best with the 275 was a 4.4

whats rather a lithe disappointing though is the 10.2 on 100-200

in any case the fastest 987 around but not quite the super car threat

as yours is ;-)

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
mine has no option to change the boost pressure anywhere
How do you read the boost without the Greddy? I'm curious. I don't think the 987.2 can display it on the dashboard, right?

in any case the fastest 987 around but not quite the super car threat as yours is ;-)
Thank you for the compliment... but I'm afraid without 4WD none of us can put the power right to the ground on a straight line. We can be a threat to our own Porsche bloodline or the retired generations of Italian rivals... but to the latest super cars, I wish!

Foes will show up down the streets from time to time for you to test them but your main enemy will always be your own... be safe Alex and God bless you.

·
Registered
639 Posts
i have exchanged the SC clock and installed a boost pressure indicator instead - the boost comes with a direct line from the turbo - so easy straight forward install

hmmm i am a little puzzled by your comments though - since i remember myself reading about you going on 458 italia bait seek :)

also, i know of people here in germany who tuned their 996 turbo to a 600 hp and even took OUT the 4wd and they DO get the power on the street - my "issue" isn't really grip related too - since from 100-200 i do not have any grip issues at all looking at the dash

i will check the dyne soon see what figures the car does deliver - thanks for your wishes habib and same to you or in fact to anyone ;-) :thanks:

·
Premium Member
6,730 Posts
I remember in the early days when one needed big balls for a turbo Cayman. Then I raised the bar with 3.7L adding sheer madness to the equation. Days went by and more people started turbo charging their toys and others went forward blowing 'absolutely reliable' engines just to get them enlarged and charged.

I should've raised the bar high since the beginning...

Now that's how you fix the speed on your Porsche's Auto-Cruise Control !

Cheers ;)

Reactions: [email protected]
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.