Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's coming for opening weekend with GGR PCA at T-Hill? They'll have DE/TT/Club Race with new expanded rules, completely stock cars with only a helmet are allowed and even single day registration if you can't make the full 2 or 3 days.

You've never had so much fun with your Cayman. Hopefully I'll see some new faces out there.

#272 - Craig

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi. I went last year

Pros: Lots of Porsches, Great track, Great Weather.
Cons: GGR BS and cost.

H.O.D. is more fun for the money. Costal Driving School (Loma Prieta PCA) is the best for track time with the all-Porsche track time, but MLS only.

Just my observation. Been running in the 24hrs of Lemons also; What a blast!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Hi Jurnes,
That's too bad you didn't have a good time. I'm surprised you think HOD is a better deal, HOD is way more than PCA. GGR-PCA is about 400 for the full weekend with about 100-110 mins of track time on Sat alone. GGR has changed the format quite a bit and now allows passing anywhere on track for red group.

Costal is a great as well, many of the same people from GGR, Lemons oh man there is a sight! I've driven with most groups in the Bay Area and now pretty much only drive with PCA. Just more fast laps without all the traffic.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
This will be a great event. Lots of folks already signed up but there is still room. Lots of good clean tracktime, great instruction if you're new, and official Timed Runs (open to everyone) on Sunday afternoon. And new this year, no more required ground-school for new folks the weekend before... just a Friday-night orientation at the track (including a van ride around the track with instructors). Keep in mind this is a WEEKEND event (both days for ~$400 total, and you can run Friday too if you want for a bit more). No need to take time off from work. And your timed runs will be published on PCA-GGR's website afterwards so you can brag to all your friends. Go here to learn how to sign-up online: PCA - Golden Gate Region | It's not just the cars, it's the people!

Now, I have nothing against HOD, but this statement:

H.O.D. is more fun for the money. QUOTE]

...needs a correction. HOD runs almost all their events during the work-week, and they charge $285-$395 for one single weekday. So in addition to the registration cost it consumes a valuable vacation day. Their only 2-day weekend event costs $570+ this year. And most of their events are more crowded than PCA, resulting in traffic that rapidly erodes the value of each minute spent on track. PCA-GGR is non-profit run entirely by un-paid volunteer staff... so their costs are inherently lower than any of the for-profit companies. On top of that, with PCA-GGR you get to do real transponder-timed SOLO laps (something no other organization offers). And between your sessions you can watch a real Club Race. Nothing wrong with HOD... all I'm saying is there's no comparison if you're looking at this from a value-per-dollar perspective.

LPR's CDS is also very good... similar to PCA-GGR because the two groups share a lot of common roots/history/people and both are non-profit.

See you there!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.