10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out his reaction. :eek:

Any of you folks know him?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Dreaming out loud here. If I had won and was looking at $10K or so in sales tax, I'd trade it right back to the dealership, add $20K to the pot and put my name on a GT-3 list.

So my net "winnings" would be negative $30,000. How's that for logical reasoning?? :hilarious:

What would you do???

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
:hilarious:

(Would anyone admit to knowing him :crazy:)

btw Pete I think there was an option to take the cash.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is all honesty, I'd would probably feel like **** if I took the cash, don't ask me why, but I would! Cayman S, 997.2 GT-3 and a normal incognito 4-door sedan, my dream garage.

One thing for sure, the PCA guys would never have tracked me down during a weekday! (Unless one of you gave me up.)

I wonder if NYPorscheChik knows this guy, she knows everyone in Metro.

:hilarious:

(Would anyone admit to knowing him :crazy:)

btw Pete I think there was an option to take the cash.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Dreaming out loud here. If I had won and was looking at $10K or so in sales tax, I'd trade it right back to the dealership, add $20K to the pot and put my name on a GT-3 list.
Besides the local sales tax, you'd also have to fork up 25% for the feds.

I'd run the numbers to see if donating the car at full value would work when it comes to tax time otherwise I'd sell it...no black cars for me.

When the woman first opened the door I thought the raffle was fixed and Nguyen was giving the car to one of his relatives.

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's right, federal tax, state tax plus local sales tax since the "prize" is considered "income". Wow, those are some serious hits especially in a high tax area like NYC.

·
Borlafide member of Northeast Group
789 Posts
That's right, federal tax, state tax plus local sales tax since the "prize" is considered "income". Wow, those are some serious hits especially in a high tax area like NYC.

Last year we had a member in RTR win the 911, if I remember correctly he basically said it was like paying 35 to 40 cents on the dollar for his new toy. So he paid around 35g's for a car that was worth $89,000....not too bad but if I bought a 50 dollar raffle then get hit with a bill for that much because the government wants their share...I'd take the cash...that way it looks like my $50 turned into a nice check for $40,000 instead of my bank account being drained for the differenc

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
So let's see no one knows this guy, he doesn't appear to be driving a Porsche already and owning one is a requirement to be in PCA and this is a PCA members only raffle. Seems a bit odd so yeah NYPorscheChik you should put him in the spotlight. :) Then get his butt on here in our Panamera section so he can become a member of our community and share his experiences with all of us! :)

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We live in a strange area Ken. For example, my region, NNJR, has 2600 members the last count. Only 170 or so cast votes during the last election, which then degenerated into a huge controversy on whether some of the rules were followed, etc.

I'm just happy to have met a bunch of like minded folks on the board here and create our little Nor'Easter corner. I'm not sure if the same thing would've happened if I had just stuck with PCA events. :beer:

That said, one of my New Year's resolutions will be to become more involved in PCA activities in 2010 again. I sorta took the year "off".

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
why is it assumed the winner is not a valid porsche-owning PCA member?
it would make sense for National to have verified that before hand, yes?

·
Premium Member
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I joined the PCA when I copied a VIN off an old 944 on eBay! :taunt:

·
Administrator
34,503 Posts
why is it assumed the winner is not a valid porsche-owning PCA member?
it would make sense for National to have verified that before hand, yes?
Just speculatin based on the video, seems odd they didn't show his current Porsche or talk about it, that's all, I recall with some of the past winners they did. Heck it would have made a great holiday story if in fact he recently had to sell or give up his Porsche due to the bad economy or something and then was lucky enough to win this one. I have no idea if the guy owns a Porsche or not, but when you do a story on him ask him and then ask him to compare his old Porsche to his new one, that should make for some interesting reading. I would love for him to stop by here and share his view of the Panamera and document what he does with it in our forums, that would make for some good reading for our members I would think.

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Just speculatin based on the video, seems odd they didn't show his current Porsche or talk about it, that's all, I recall with some of the past winners they did. Heck it would have made a great holiday story if in fact he recently had to sell or give up his Porsche due to the bad economy or something and then was lucky enough to win this one. I have no idea if the guy owns a Porsche or not, but when you do a story on him ask him and then ask him to compare his old Porsche to his new one, that should make for some interesting reading. I would love for him to stop by here and share his view of the Panamera and document what he does with it in our forums, that would make for some good reading for our members I would think.

sounds like a great idea. and that is the purpose of the Member Spotlight in the Post. i'll see what i can gather up on this one. unfortunately, i found out about them when you all did, so i am clueless on the details.

:thanks: :banana:

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
thought i'd share recent photos when Manny and Vu from National came out to Long Island joined by Metro NY Region President, Marc Figelman, to present the raffel winning couple the keys to their new Panamera...

Great story appearing in the Metro NY Region magazine, the Porsche Post in the February issue, going to printer tomorrow.

:banana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts