Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else working on the planning? I'm helping in WRS.

It's an ambitious plan to have a road tour through all the regions in BC, AB, SK, WA, OR, MT, ID, and WY.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I'm not part of any planning, but I am curious as to the routes and especially the dates that the tour will be in each region so I can plan my time and participate.
I'm in the Inland NW region which I think is the 11th region in the order of the tour.
There are 15 or 16 regions and 14 days for the tour, so my region is likely around day 11 or maybe 12????
'Anxious to hear more details.....

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like the route will pass through all 16 regions. It would be 7500+ Km over 15 days to do the whole thing.

Details coming soon.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tour is getting closer. So far over 100 cars are registered to cover 1 or more segments with a handful driving the whole tour.

More details here... ZONE 6 PCA - "Zone Grand Tour"

·
Registered
737 Posts
I won't be a part of this leg, but I am covering the three provinces in that tour as part of my drive home from the dealership next week.

(In reality, it'll be 5 provinces in total). :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Zone6 Grand Tour has begun! *Day 1 included parade laps of Pacific Raceway, a tour off the beaten track east of Seattle, the Lemay Car Museum, and the Olympic Peninsula of Washington. *There were about 24 participants, and they all seemed to be happy campers. Overnighting in Port Angeles WA, and off the Vancouver Island and VIR tomorrow. 9 cars planning to do the whole loop, WOW!!

More updates as time permits!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Yes, the tour has begun.
I am waiting for you Canadians to test it out a bit before I join in later when it arrives in MT, ID, and WA. :)
Are you following along on the tour down into the States any?

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
They will be arriving on Vancouver Island in a few hours, should be 19 cars coming over on the Coho Ferry and myself and another from Vancouver Island region will meet them at the dock and bring them to the local dealership for marshalling. Keep an eye out for a Sapphire Blue Macan S!

At the dealership 20 more cars will join us and we will make a tour of the lower island traveling out to Pt. Renfrew on the Pacific Marine Circle Route

So we will have at least 40 cars taking part with lunch in Pt. Renfrew and dinner at the Nest in Nanaimo. For those that carry on they overnight here and then take the BC Ferries to North Vancouver where members of the Canada West Region join them...

Should be a blast!

·
Registered
737 Posts
They will be arriving on Vancouver Island in a few hours, should be 19 cars coming over on the Coho Ferry and myself and another from Vancouver Island region will meet them at the dock and bring them to the local dealership for marshalling. Keep an eye out for a Sapphire Blue Macan S!

At the dealership 20 more cars will join us and we will make a tour of the lower island traveling out to Pt. Renfrew on the Pacific Marine Circle Route

So we will have at least 40 cars taking part with lunch in Pt. Renfrew and dinner at the Nest in Nanaimo. For those that carry on they overnight here and then take the BC Ferries to North Vancouver where members of the Canada West Region join them...

Should be a blast!
oh, I totally want to do this next year!

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, the tour has begun.
I am waiting for you Canadians to test it out a bit before I join in later when it arrives in MT, ID, and WA. :)
Are you following along on the tour down into the States any?
Unfortunately, no I won't be able to follow it into the US. I plan to do the whole route eventually, if PCA builds a self-guided version of the tour. If the first 4 days are indicative of the rest, it will be a heck of a good trip.

Reactions: Spokayman
1 - 12 of 12 Posts