Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have replaced my single CD/DVD PCM 3.0 with one with Nav and internal changer PCM 3.0 and wonder if my old PCM 3.0 has any value for sale or use by anyone? What would be the best selling price for it? Would it be useable by a non PCM 3.0 2009-20010 car whose owner wanted to step things up a bit?

Maybe I'll ebay it? Thoughts? If anyone is interested PM me.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PCM 3.0 Values? Sell? Trade? Keep?

Have replaced my single CD/DVD PCM 3.0 with one with Nav and internal changer PCM 3.0 and wonder if my old PCM 3.0 has any value for sale or use by anyone? What would be the best selling price for it? Would it be useable by a non PCM 3.0 2009-20010 car whose owner wanted to step things up a bit?

Maybe I'll ebay it? Thoughts? If anyone is interested PM me.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Re: PCM 3.0 Values? Sell? Trade? Keep?

You swapped a PCM 3.0 with another PCM 3.0 :confused: Not sure I follow you here!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes single disc PCM 3.0 with BT/Ipod/XM Sat but w/out NAV changed to multi disc changer PCM 3.0 unit w/BT/Ipod/XM and NAV. Had to order direct from dealer from Porsche in Germany. Only way to get the NAV upgrade part.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that it was only a PCM 3.0 IF it has Nav as without it they are not PCM?
No PCM 3.0 comes without NAV and with NAV as two different flavors. Nav is like a $1600 option to add to the car when being ordered/built and MUCH MUCH more afterthe fact by dealer retrofit! Without PCM you do not get touchscreen display and its called CDR-30 which is an upgrade of the old CDR-23. That has BT, audio aux but does not have the large touchscreen display that PCM 3.0 does.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You're not making any sense.

If it doesn't have NAV, then it's NOT PCM3.0. It's not PCM at all. It's just CDR30 ...

·
Registered
41 Posts
If you buy a 911, you will get as standard equipt, a PCM 3.0 that does not have navigation, simple as that. It looks and functions like any other PCM but when you push the NAV button, you get a message "navigation not available". The problem with these is that they are not upgradeable, if you want NAV, you must purchase a PCM 3 with NAV...similar to what suncoast parts now sells.
I know because I purchased a used PCM 3 without NAV to replace my CDR 30 in my 09 Cayman. And yes, it works fine and there were no issues with the swap.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're not making any sense.

If it doesn't have NAV, then it's NOT PCM3.0. It's not PCM at all. It's just CDR30 ...
No you are the one who is mistaken. This. see attached IS a PCM 3.0 unit. I know cause it was taken out of my freakin car. IF you don't have NAV that does NOT necessarily make it not PCM 3.0; it makes it PCM 3.0 without NAV! The CDR-30 is a whole different animal and unit. See pic #2. I have had cars with BOTH in the last 6 months so give me a break I know what I am talking about whereas you are a little confused on latest Porsche audio nomenclature! ;)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you buy a 911, you will get as standard equipt, a PCM 3.0 that does not have navigation, simple as that. It looks and functions like any other PCM but when you push the NAV button, you get a message "navigation not available". The problem with these is that they are not upgradeable, if you want NAV, you must purchase a PCM 3 with NAV...similar to what suncoast parts now sells.
I know because I purchased a used PCM 3 without NAV to replace my CDR 30 in my 09 Cayman. And yes, it works fine and there were no issues with the swap.
+1 thanks for the clarification which I have already said to the previous posters who were confused. :)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That picture is of CDR 30....not the PCM 3.0....
No it is not. the 1st is PCM 3.0 the last 2 are CDR-30. Either that or I must be blind! Maybe it was the lighting. Here's to all the nonbelievers! LOL Trust me its PCM 3.0 as I know; it was taken out of my 09 C2S last week! :taunt:

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
If nothing else, thanks for clarifying this out. I might be interested if it fits a Gen I (which I doubt).

How much are you thinking?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.