Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently changed out my PCM unit because the original stopped working and suspect I need a code, everything seems to be working ok but I get the following message when I turn it on:-

System error: Amplifier not available

I accept the message and it disappears until I turn the system on again, as I said everything seems to be working ok, anybody came across this before?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Curious what you had to pay for it? I had two cases of the intermittent power-cycle-during-driving phenomenon during the past week in my 2014 Boxster S, and I had another PCM won't play audio and won't change modes issue. So far intermittent and the issues resolved themselves during the next startup, but worry that I have a new PCM on the horizon.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Curious what you had to pay for it? I had two cases of the intermittent power-cycle-during-driving phenomenon during the past week in my 2014 Boxster S, and I had another PCM won't play audio and won't change modes issue. So far intermittent and the issues resolved themselves during the next startup, but worry that I have a new PCM on the horizon.
Second hand PCM is about £300 on eBay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts