Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Last night I took the time to really dig into the map settings to get to something I liked and rather failed at it.

The one in the cluster is fine. I just can't seem to set the zoom on the main display. It's just stuck at 10M which is nearly useless. Everything just flies by and I can't get any sense of my surroundings from it.

I'm talking about having it on while driving around and not actually navigating to anywhere. I've got the map taking up the full screen and in the overhead (non-3D) view.

If I tap on the map, it freezes the position and then I can zoom in and out as I please. As soon as I exit that mode though, it just goes back to being zoomed way in.

Have I missed something somewhere? I turned the auto-zoom for intersections on and off and didn't see a difference there. I'd really like it zoomed out far enough to be able to see the neighbourhood I'm in. It would be nice if the display would show things like what the next upcoming street was and stuff.

I don't want this to devolve into an opinion piece on what people think of the stock Nav system. There's plenty of that around. I'm just hoping I can get it set up in such a way that I can find it more useful.

·
Registered
911 Posts

The one in the cluster is fine. I just can't seem to set the zoom on the main display. It's just stuck at 10M which is nearly useless. Everything just flies by and I can't get any sense of my surroundings from it.
I generally rotate the large knob on the right to adjust the map zoom with no problem. The most effective setting for local driving is .30 mile, but zooming in or out is simple with the knob.

If this doesn't work on your car, I'd have it looked at under warranty.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Push in the right hand button when the map is on the main display - another menu will come up that might require adjustment.

·
Premium Member
287 Posts
WW - the right knob works as a zoom for me also.

Voyager6 - how does one order the map updates?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!!!

Haven't tried it yet, but I can't imagine why it wouldn't work for me. I didn't know the knobs did anything at all for the nav so I never tried turning them. :D I feel kinda dumb now, but hey... this is a big part of why we've got a community, right? :D

Reactions: Dirkster

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just want to say thanks again for the help here. I went for a nice long drive tonight and put on over another 100 km's. The knob worked like a charm (as of course it would) and the map was far more useful this time around.

Sometimes it just helps to know how a thing works. Maybe I should go through that PCM manual in more detail...

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Just noticed that 2015 Nav map updates are now available.
THAT is really good info. I've been getting by with my May 2007 update. Didn't think they made any after that one. Was gonna buy a new head just to get current maps.

:cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts