Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 06 CS PCM phone is not working :crazy:

Seems like the PCM phone module can't read the sim card. At first i thought it might me something wrong with the sim card, but the card works fine in my cell phone and the card that's usually on the cell can't be read by the PCM module also....

Just wondering if any of you had experience the same problem or have an idea of what can it?

·
Premium Member
3,492 Posts
My 06 CS PCM phone is not working :crazy:

Seems like the PCM phone module can't read the sim card. At first i thought it might me something wrong with the sim card, but the card works fine in my cell phone and the card that's usually on the cell can't be read by the PCM module also....

Just wondering if any of you had experience the same problem or have an idea of what can it?

I think you need a kit from Porsche with the microphone and hookup to the speakers for it to work. I don't think this is supposed to work right out of the box with just a phone chip.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Did it work before, and quit? or have you never tried it before?
Seems somewhere in here, someone said, the Sim card function is not meant to work in the US market. Europe, dunno.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think you need a kit from Porsche with the microphone and hookup to the speakers for it to work. I don't think this is supposed to work right out of the box with just a phone chip.
Lol, of course it's supposed to work.

Did it work before, and quit? or have you never tried it before?
Seems somewhere in here, someone said, the Sim card function is not meant to work in the US market. Europe, dunno.
Yes, it was working fine before and from one day to the other it's just not able to read the sim card :crazy:

·
Registered
331 Posts
Check the telematics module is still seen by the MOST loop. Press MAIN and TRIP buttons together ...all the devices should be listed including PHONE. If there is an exclamation mark next to Phone then it suggests the module may be defective or have dropped out of the loop. Make sure the contacts on the sim card are clean and its inserted into the PCM the correct way round. I assume you haven't turned the phone to "off" in the PCM menu and its enabled with the sim card inserted ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts