Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a setting in the multifunction display to show the speed limit on the lower line. It appears as a speed limit sign. I find it not useful as it is wrong half the time. There is an option in the menu to turn it on or off. Every time I turn it off (un check it) it re asserts itself after a couple days. Looking at the menu it is now checked. Any ideas?

Thanks,

J,. Tucker

2014 Cayman S

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Do you have memory functions? More than 1 key?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes two keys. I only use one. The other is put away for safe keeping. I don't think it is the memory function as I may drive the car several times before it reverts back to "on".

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Yes two keys. I only use one. The other is put away for safe keeping. I don't think it is the memory function as I may drive the car several times before it reverts back to "on".

Do you lock the car every time you get out?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
No only sometimes...think that makes a difference?
There is a setting on the Multi-Function-Display called "Auto Memory". If "Auto Memory" is selected when you lock your car it over writes any Ergonomic and Comfort settings stored on the key manually i.e. storing info on the key by using the storage button #3 on the door.

I have found that if the "Auto Memory" is selected it can be confusing how some of the Ergonomic and Comfort settings mysteriously get changed. Read in your Owner's Manual in the area about Memory. Or you can try this.

Get in the car and close the door. Unselect the Speed Limit sign. Then find the "Auto Memory" and make sure it is unselected. "Auto Memory" is under the Settings/Locking menu. After that back out of those submenus until the Multi-Function-Display is showing the gas gauge and what ever else you have that view programmed for. Now properly store the settings on the key by using the #3 button on the door. Get out of the car and lock it using the remote. Now unlock the car and check to see if the settings you unselected are still unselected.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
No only sometimes...think that makes a difference?
Yes. It can confuse the heck out of you in exactly the way you're talking about. :)

You've almost certainly got auto-memory turned on. It saves the settings when you lock the car, and puts back the last saved settings when you unlock it.

So... you don't always lock it. You change some stuff, turn off that speed option... and think you're good to go. But you don't lock it, so it doesn't save.

For whatever reason the next time you walk up to your car (or the time after that... or the time after that... ) you hit the unlock button and VOILA! Settings are back to what they were before you changed things, with the speed thing back up there. :)

I figured this out in a similar manner. Since I've got the SmartTOP module to remotely close my roof, the first thing I press when I get out is almost always the unlock key... so anything I changed is always lost unless I specifically remember to press the lock button first to save them.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I checked that the auto memory function is off. Another possible clue: when this happens it always occurs some 10 or 15 minutes after starting the car and driving a while. Never as soon as the key is inserted or car started.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I checked that the auto memory function is off. Another possible clue: when this happens it always occurs some 10 or 15 minutes after starting the car and driving a while. Never as soon as the key is inserted or car started.

In that case, unless you save the new settings manually, it's going to go back every time you hit the memory button on the door or the unlock button on the fob. After making your changes, save them manually using the door buttons.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I thought that was what I had done. I'm going to re-store the settings and see what happens on my drive to work tomorrow. Wild Weasel, every time I see a post from you I am reminded of my first assignment out of college in the late 70's. I was an engineer working on production testing of the AN/APR38 CP-1255 Advanced Wild Weasel Homing and Warning Computer (HAWC). You may recall I PM'd you. I'll have to see if I still have an official "Wild Weasel" sticker to send you.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Well I thought that was what I had done. I'm going to re-store the settings and see what happens on my drive to work tomorrow. Wild Weasel, every time I see a post from you I am reminded of my first assignment out of college in the late 70's. I was an engineer working on production testing of the AN/APR38 CP-1255 Advanced Wild Weasel Homing and Warning Computer (HAWC). You may recall I PM'd you. I'll have to see if I still have an official "Wild Weasel" sticker to send you.

Nice!! If you send one, I'll find a good place for it. :D And hey... I'm glad to be able to provide a bit of a nostalgic trigger. :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I reset and reloades the key memory and it seems to be working properly for now. I have a new problem though. I'll be posting another thread shortly...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts