Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am I the only person having this issue?

I have the Bose PCM with Nav and I could drive 50 miles and all is well. Then all of a sudden it shuts down without warning and reboots while driving. I lose the stereo, nag, whatever was on the screen. I have to wait for it to go throughout the reboot process.

Car is going in on Monday. I am already prepared for the usual "We see nothing wrong and can not replicate the problem reported."
Let's hope this is not the case and they can repair (wait this is 2014 and no one knows how to fix anything), I mean replace it. I know they are going to hold out until I complain multiple times so I guess the process begins on Monday.

Any constructive advice is welcome. Ok. Any advice at all.

·
Next Porsche: 2022 992 GT3
4,105 Posts
Had same problem, dealer flashed the PCM to 4.73 and all has been well since.
Yep. Me too. Same problem and same udpate. Had not had the problem again.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All fixed!
Paul Miller Porsche installed the new PCM software. I had version 4.63 and they installed 4.73. Seems like it not only fixed the PCM rebooting while driving issue, now the a/c works properly when set to "auto" instead of running at full blast continuously.
Very happy

Discussed in this thread PCM Reboot While Driving. Possibly traced to a Sirius XM download discussed in this thread. The update should fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts