Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any relatively inexpensive diagnostic tools that can activate PDK calibration on the 981? I have the Foxwell NT530, and although it claims to, it does not. I want to be sure the function will work before I invest in another tool.

·
Registered
2014 Cayman S
52 Posts
The only tools I know of that will do it are the PIWIZ and the Cobb AP with PDK option. If you know someone with a Cobb AP ask to borrow it for the calibration. The AP does not need to be married to the TCU in order to do the calibration.

What problem are you having that leads you in the direction of the calibration? I ask because a lot of problems can be resolved with a PDK fluid change. Porsche only recommends the calibration under specific conditions and advises not to unless necessary.

Best, K

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only tools I know of that will do it are the PIWIZ and the Cobb AP with PDK option. If you know someone with a Cobb AP ask to borrow it for the calibration. The AP does not need to be married to the TCU in order to do the calibration.

What problem are you having that leads you in the direction of the calibration? I ask because a lot of problems can be resolved with a PDK fluid change. Porsche only recommends the calibration under specific conditions and advises not to unless necessary.

Best, K
Car has 60k+ miles on it. Fluid changes are not due until 120k/12years, but I changed both out of an abundance of caution. Want to do the same regarding calibration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts