Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  1. I like to drive my 14 Boxster With the PDK in M, I downshift with the gear selector versus the buttons for speed control rather than braking. I’ve noticed a auditable click coming from under the car when downshifting. I would guess it is a solinoid actuating the downshift. I notice this click also in D when stopping hard. The click is similar to the click you hear when driving off and the doors lock. I’m concerned this could be an issue and was wondering if other drivers have noticed this or is it normal?. This probably wouldn’t be noticed in a Cayman or with the top up.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hard to say without hearing it. Can you take video of it? That said, these transmissions can be a little clunky at low speeds going into 1st. That's just how they are generally speaking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. It’s a click, very similar to the click I hear when the doors lock when driving off. I always have the top down. I notice it more now that I changed the air filters to K & N which lowered the air intake noise. Also noting it more in D lately. This seems to be most all gears downshifting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts