Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the point of being able to put it in neutral by pulling both paddles?

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
What's the point of being able to put it in neutral by pulling both paddles?
Some of the old school MT users want to be able to shift into neutral at any time...

When the car isn't moving, it's a non-issue -- just move the console shifter into neutral, like a 6MT owner would do.
When the car is in forward motion, you wouldn't want to use the console shifter; as it would be pretty easy (unless the PDK has lockouts) to accidentally select "Park" or "Reverse" with that type of shifter.

·
Registered
851 Posts
I'm one of those old school MT users, when i come to a halt, I put the car in neutral and put he hand brake on. The hand brake is the annoying part of that.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
I'm one of those old school MT users, when i come to a halt, I put the car in neutral and...
And some of those "old school" types might add this to the end of your above sentence, assuming they didn't have launch control: I take the engine up to 5K rpm and then I hit the upshift paddle. :hilarious:

·
Registered
798 Posts
When I had an exhaust on my 981 I loved being able to rev it it freely at any speed and get the roar without having to downshift or speed up...I find It more of a vanity feature to show off to my passengers or the cars next to me. I got into a pissing contest with a 991 Turbo S PDK who was doing the same thing when he pulled up next to me so we both just dropped into neutral and revved randomly down a quiet road and then coasted to a light. He was impressed with the boxster--go figure...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
785 Posts
For MT cars, when in a spin, both feet in.
For PDK, brake, pull both paddles.
I have never tested this as I have yet to spin the car.-Richard
BTW, if I remember correctly when I tested the function when rolling, if you don't come to a complete stop, you cannot shift into a gear unless you stop and turn the car, off and on but if you come to a complete stop, just shift with a paddle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts