Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, have a brand new boxter-s with pdk but no sport chrono. When I floor it from a standing start the revs go up to about 4k, then the cars takes off. Is this normal, even if i have it in manual shift it does the same thing. Can I hold it with the brake while still on the gas, not sure how to launch it or what? Will the car chirp the tires on the 1-2 shift?

·
On Probation
582 Posts
i power brake mine but not too much to be had for drag racing....there just isnt any torque. if you hit a water puddle at the same time it shifts it could chirp but i`ll say no

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
ok, have a brand new boxter-s with pdk but no sport chrono. When I floor it from a standing start the revs go up to about 4k, then the cars takes off. Is this normal, even if i have it in manual shift it does the same thing. Can I hold it with the brake while still on the gas, not sure how to launch it or what? Will the car chirp the tires on the 1-2 shift?
I have a PDK CS with SC and when starting autocross events I do the same thing. I leave it in automatic and just hit the gas. It seems to rev up to about 4000 and then engage the PDK clutch. It is a very fast start. Most autocross layouts do not have a very straight start and so I have not had reason to try launch control as this technique is fast enough for those starts.

I don't know if you can launch any better than that without SC. :)

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Do you think it is safe to hold down the break, while still on the gas, and then let it go? Who is an expert on pdk launch?
I'm no doctor, but I did stay at a HIE last month.... Anyway, if you were to do this, where would the energy be dissipated while you have the car in gear and the brake and gas on at the same time - consider there is no torque converter. Sounds like a bad idea, but I'm not really sure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.