Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 69,000 miles on my 2011 Cayman that I never plan on selling or parting with, and that is almost paid for. The PDK is working great, with no issues or service lights, but the manual recommends service on it. Should I have it done, and risk fixing what isn't broken? Thoughts?

·
Registered
223 Posts
I would assume that Porsche likely is correct. You plan to keep it forever - treat it well now.

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
but the manual recommends service on it. Should I have it done, and risk fixing what isn't broken

Not sure I understand your concern. Don't you have confidence in the shop doing the maintenance? This is just routine maintenance that any Certified Porsche Tech will handle competently.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
if its filled with the right fluid at the right level there should not be any concern.
fluids and oils break down and degrade over time - my car has had its PDK fluid changed at 40k kms (25k miles).

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
If the book says it do it........ Specially where the PDK is concerned, my two cents. If something were to ever happen, Porsche will not consider any type of goodwill if you haven't maintained it according to manual.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts