Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Elsewhere on this site, a member posted instructions on re-wiring the PDK Steering Wheel Buttons so you get a proper shift-up and shift-down when pulling on the right and left buttons respectively. THIS IS AWESOME.

I PM'd the OP....but have not heard back. My question is....anyone know how remove the buttons off the wheel to gain access to the re-wiring process??? I don't want to go in and just start prying around with a screwdriver.....

Many thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey, sorry about that, I stopped using the email account I had linked to this site, after seeing this I checked and saw your PM.

The button removal is a bit tricky but with a bit of patience they will come off. There are tabs on the top and bottom of one half that engage into slots on the other.
First push the button in which exposes a small notch on the top outside towards the wheel rim. Get a small screwdriver, push it in the notch and lift up and keep some pressure on it. Then get a thin plastic trim removal tool and on the underside of the buttons slide it into the gap between the two halves.
The trick here is to lever the bottom of the inner half (closest to the instruments) to make a gap and lift it over the tab of the outside half. Apply some pressure, not too much, and it should pop right off. Will take a bit of fiddling to get the right spot to get the trim tool into.

To separate the wheel is a fairly simple process, start levering the plastic at the bottom spoke and then the left and right spoke where they meet the outer wheel rim and work inwards. It's held together with some glue and push fit pins. You can see where the pins are in the pics and apply pressure there.

Good luck, let us know how it goes....

IMG_2349.jpg IMG_2353.jpg IMG_2355.jpg

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. Many thanks for your help on this. Going to give it a go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts