Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 CS w/PDK. According to Porsche’s recommended maintenance schedule the PDK transmission oil should be changed every 60k miles or 6 years. My car has 26K miles and is 7 years old. How important is it to change the transmission oil based on time versus miles?

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a 2010 CS w/PDK. According to Porsche’s recommended maintenance schedule the PDK transmission oil should be changed every 60k miles or 6 years. My car has 26K miles and is 7 years old. How important is it to change the transmission oil based on time versus miles?
"OR" implies that miles and time have the same importance to Porsche when it comes to the oil change otherwise they would have used different terminology.I have a 2011 CS with PDK and did my fluid change @ 60k miles which I reached after 5 years - and what a difference the new oil made. Visible for example when putting the car in reverse...now the gear slides in smoothly and quick. Never thought that something was wrong (and it wasn't of course) with how the R gear got engaged before the oil change...but afterwards the difference was there.

Reactions: Arch

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just a note of clarification - There are two oil changes called for in the PDK transmission: clutch oil and transmission oil. Clutch oil change interval is 6 year or 60k miles. Transmission oil change interval is double that of the clutch oil, I.e., 12 years or 120k miles. This is for the 987.2 model Cayman's.

·
Registered
832 Posts
IMHO, milage is everything when it comes to clutch and gear box oils. They are not vented, and they don't experience blow-by. Having said that, all 26k miles are not equal. Track time and launch control tom-foolery would definitely shorten the usable milage. Manufactures have to assume the worst case scenario since they cover the warranty claims, so 60K and 6 years is it. Your car is out of warrantee, So if I were you, I would not sweat it. Oh and remember when it comes to opinions you will get what you pay for. lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.