Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My CGTS has the PDLS+ with auto high/low beam. I noticed last night that it often displayed the blue full beam indicator on the dash but did not actually put on the full beams. It did this often, always with traffic ahead or oncoming. The actual full beam works fine. Sometimes the blue indicator would be on for a few seconds, other times it would briefly flicker on.

Weird, anyone else noticed this? I cannot figure out what this is meant to be indicating?

Rich

--
MY17 Macan S, MY16 Cayman GTS

·
Registered
325 Posts
Isn't that how the auto high beam assist is supposed to work? (When the camera in the windshield detects oncoming traffic, it momentarily dips the beam so as not to blind other drivers, then once the cars pass you, it turns the high beams back on.) I'm not exactly sure what problem you're describing (I may have completely misread your post though). Is it that the blue high beam engagement indicator icon in your instrument cluster didn't always correspond with what the actual high beam bulbs were doing outside the car?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Thanks for the reply. To be clear - the function of the auto full/dipped beam works fine. What's weird is that often the blue full-beam indicator comes on but the actual full-beam lights do not. It doesn't correspond.

--

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
I don't have that on my GTS (just PDLS), but on my other cars with it, when engaged, the blue high beam symbol with 'auto' always stays on, whether high-beams are activated or not. I personally don't like that feature at all, but seems to me it's working as intended. Read the owner's manual for more information, although it's the crappiest manual I've ever read. Probably lost in translation. Hopefully somebody else with PDLS+ will answer soon:).

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a green 'auto' light that stays illuminated. The blue full beam dash light is the one I am questioning.

--

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, so I read (more slowly) the manual again. It talks about the dynamic high beam coming on in several stages. I wonder if the blue indication comes on even in the lowest stage (which may not be so perceivable from the drivers position). This might explain what I am experiencing?

--

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
Ok, so I read (more slowly) the manual again. It talks about the dynamic high beam coming on in several stages. I wonder if the blue indication comes on even in the lowest stage (which may not be so perceivable from the drivers position). This might explain what I am experiencing?

--
I am on the road these days, and if I get a chance to drive at night I will check this out, but I don't think when PDLS+ is active that you will ever see the Blue indicator on the dash...

Edit/correction!

Regarding my comment above, the blue hi-beam indicator does indeed come on, if the hi-beam is active it is on, their reach is determined (I believe) by the the speed of the vehicle, the faster you are travelling, the higher/further the hi-beam reaches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.