Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At parade I wandered upon this beautiful yellow cayman that had these amazing looking intake scoops. I eventually ran into the guy who just so happened to be the owner of PDP. After much consideration I pulled the trigger and ordered some.
Super easy to install. You remove the entire factory unit and install the inner core using 4 self locking plastic stakes into the body panel inside the hole. After that, you insert the outter scoop side into a hole at the bottom of the core and 2 screws secure the top. 10/10 easiest install I've done on any mod. As far as looks, see pics below. YMMV but I have done the desnorkle, IPD Plenum with GT3 TB, Longtube headers, and a supercup fabspeed exhaust. So for me the added air flow really is noticeable. not so much in 1st gear but 2nd gear seems a bit shorter now as I hit 70 even quicker than before, its most noticable as I go and redline 3rd and 4th. The motor is also reading a few degrees cooler as the passenger side scoop pushes a ton more air over the block under full load. This is a must do mod and the quality is exceptional. They come in 4 grades. Black gelcoat for painting, polished gel coat, bare carbon, and really nice bare carbon, I got the cheap ones and painted them.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Red
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Convertible Sports car

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for the review Arione. Photos look great and it's nice to hear about the performance gains also-something most of us are looking for.

You should add a photo of your recent award from the show last weekend. Congratulations!

Dave Sodergren

PDP Composites
[email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Car took 1st in SC-1 and overall Special Categories at Spanish Landing C d'E. I'll post more pics once I have the scoops back on. I wasnt happy with the quality of the paint work from my local paint shop so I took them back to get it done right. "some guy thought it was just a cheap trim job" had specs under the clear, black section wasn't terminated the same on L and R. but the scoops themselves are awesome, just go to a reputable custom shop if you 2 tone them like I did. if you want it done cheap, you'll get it cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
628 Posts
What is the latest on their price?
Still 500$ for the cheapest version?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Croc999,

Sorry for the delay, on vacation this week with very limited internet access thoughchecking when possible. I will be back in the office on Monday the 4[SUP]th[/SUP].

Finish options are scuff and paint, polished black gelcoat and two stylesof carbon fiber and the costs run from $525 to $995 USD.

Dave Sodergren
PDP Composites
[email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Finally got them back from paint Round 2. Ended up taking them to a well known hot rod shop in socal. It ran me $650 to paint so if you are on the fence, just get the full carbon. Apparently to do the black inserts like I did it required a bit of skill. Many painters just don't have it apparently. Here's a few close ups. Done in Galvano Silver Metallic and Gloss Black. At a distance it gives the impression that the full vent is open as the stock vents do.

Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Vehicle door Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Alloy wheel
Automotive lighting Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive design Tree

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I put new side scoops on mine a few years ago. Some controversy over the supplier I won't go in to, but they came out very nice.

Pics are of before and after.
I think you should have clarified that these are not the same product nor are they the same supplier. There is already a thread detailing the product you have and discussion of that and the supplier you used has no bearing here.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I think you should have clarified that these are not the same product nor are they the same supplier. There is already a thread detailing the product you have and discussion of that and the supplier you used has no bearing here.
Yeah, I know. They're not the same scoops. Yours look good.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi moonpf93,

I replied to your email earlier today.

For those interested it's best to contact me direct at [email protected] or call 360.446.2990. I will also answer questions here if you like.

The Side Vents use the original Air-Inlet Frame mounting holes and do not require modifications to your car.

Dave

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.