Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would anyone in the PDX area like to have a short get together for some coffee and car talk. Show off your car. I know the weather isn't the best this time of year, but usually us pdx'ers don't let weather stand in our way.

who would be up for something like this in the coming weeks, (certainly after christmas)?

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
I'd love to, but given the rocks and magnesium chloride than ODOT throws on roads, we store our Porsches up for the winter. They *might* come out to play Saturday, Dec 19, because the weather looks like it might cooperate, ODOT hasn't thrown rocks yet, and the rain washed away most of the salt. Is that too soon? What did you have in mind?

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
I'd love to, but given the rocks and magnesium chloride than ODOT throws on roads, we store our Porsches up for the winter. They *might* come out to play Saturday, Dec 19, because the weather looks like it might cooperate, ODOT hasn't thrown rocks yet, and the rain washed away most of the salt. Is that too soon? What did you have in mind?
Sorry Blueone, looks like the weather will not cooperate after all. I have some mods to do over the holidays so I am not too disappointed about the rain but perhaps the weather will cooperate after the first of the year.

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
Sorry Blueone, looks like the weather will not cooperate after all. I have some mods to do over the holidays so I am not too disappointed about the rain but perhaps the weather will cooperate after the first of the year.

Mark
The National Weather Service is currently saying a 20% chance of rain and a high of 46F. If you're looking for better than that, we're probably talking March. ;) But I understand.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
That sounds like fun. I am open anytime after the holidays. Lets all keep in touch.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
The National Weather Service is currently saying a 20% chance of rain and a high of 46F. If you're looking for better than that, we're probably talking March. ;) But I understand.
And, as usual, the weather forecast was incorrect. It'll rain through-out the entire weekend. Now they're saying it may not rain *next* weekend...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will post back after the holidays and for those that want to meet, porsche in the garage or not, we can decide on a meeting place.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Noffy I apologize for hitching a ride on this post but need to coordinate with Portland area Porsche folks.

In my Ketch Me Meet & Greet post we were originally going to do it in Seattle. Well scheduling is so now we are going to meet in Portland. I have contacted navonoD and rpsPorsche about meeting up with them and their Spyders on Saturday June 5 breakfast / brunch somewhere around PDX area. Maybe we can link up as a PDX Coffee get together?

I hope to have a nice Cayman get together with our Spyder brethren and Ketch Me. Good for car comparisons, photo ops and meet & greet. I am gauging how many Seattle Cayman folks wouldn't mind driving down also from the Ketch Me post.

Anyway, maybe you guys would be interested but if you can recommend a good Breakfast / Coffee place with a decent parking lot in the PDX area I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,844 Posts
One of the Rose's Bakeries might work. I think the ones in Tualitin and Vancouver have good parking lots. (The one with the most awesome parking lot ever, in Hillsboro, appears to have closed.) The Elmers in Hillsboro and on Whitacker Road might also fit the bill.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
One of the Rose's Bakeries might work. I think the ones in Tualitin and Vancouver have good parking lots. (The one with the most awesome parking lot ever, in Hillsboro, appears to have closed.) The Elmers in Hillsboro and on Whitacker Road might also fit the bill.
I thought you might be first to respond. Cool avatar.

I have been to Tualitin for my wife's Dressage Show at Devonwood last year. We'll probably be in that area again for wine tasting. I will check out the others to see their relative locations on the map. Thanks.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
I've aged a few years since that picture was taken.
Should I still look for the Red nose then at the PDX Coffee meet?

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
We have the Date June 5th and Time 9 am. Still a toss up between:

Rose's Deli and Bakery
(360) 699-4949
801 C St
Vancouver, WA 98660

or

Elmers Restaurants
(503) 289-9848
9848 N. Whitaker Rd.
Portland, OR

I will call them in the morning to ask about Saturday morning traffic and parking accomodations.

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
Which is a better Saturday morning drive?

1. 26 to 101 North to Olympia

or

2. 30 to 101 North to Olympia

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
We have the Date June 5th and Time 9 am. Still a toss up between:

Rose's Deli and Bakery
(360) 699-4949
801 C St
Vancouver, WA 98660

or

Elmers Restaurants
(503) 289-9848
9848 N. Whitaker Rd.
Portland, OR

I will call them in the morning to ask about Saturday morning traffic and parking accomodations.
FYI- From my experience the Roses in Vancouver will definitely be less crowded and have better parking. Elmer's is in a busy area often packed from Portland Expo traffic.
Correction!!!
Sorry, I was thinking about the Roses at
3205 Southeast 192nd Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98683
(360) 891-4865

·
Porscheholic
724 Posts
From the satellite maps, BIC's recommendation for Rose's on 192nd Avenue has more open parking and more straightforward roads so that works better.

Hope you all can join us Saturday June 5th, 9 AM at:
Rose's Deli & Bakery
3205 Southeast 192nd Avenue
Vancouver, WA 98683
(360) 891-4865

·
Registered
23 Posts
I dont mean to jump in on your thread but Im desperate...Im having a hard time finding a decent indie shop for an oil change without a bad review! any suggestions? Im in the PDX area as well.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I know there are several good ones but I and others have had great results with Matrix Integrated in Portland. Great quality work and Porsche oriented. You can call Jeremy at (503) 443-1141. They are located just South of Downtown at 4000 Southwest Macadam Avenue, Portland, OR 97239

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi There. Just found this forum.

FWIW, ther is a weekly Cars and Coffee at Bridgeport Shopping Center near the PAradise Bakery. We meet from about 8 to 10. With the lousy weather lately, things have slowed down but should pick up again when the weather starts to improve.

Typically a dozen or so cars but we have been growing. We have stopped for 2010 (duh), but will restart on 1/8/2011 for our weekly meeting.

See you there!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts