Planet-9 Porsche Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I just picked up my new 718 Cayman S from PEC and I have to say the experience was definitely worth it. The day starts off with a quick tour of the museum and a look into the restoration center for the morning session. The museum tour is fast and I recommend getting there early if you have an afternoon session so you have time to really take in everything. They then take you to the delivery area for some light snacks, review any final paperwork and to unveil your car. All of the personnel at the facility are fantastic and very knowledgeable. They really make you feel like you are the reason they are there for the day. They spent an hour going through all of the features of the car and helping you set up your initial preferences. We then went to the track where we split the time between my wife and I. I have read some threads where the track time was cut short, but I felt like the instructor gave us more than our allotted time to make sure we had enough time to go through each of the features such as the skid plate and low friction handling areas multiple times. Each of the featured areas were used as a micro lesson on how to handle the outside driving area. This is my first real sports car and I really didn't put all the pieces together until the very end where the instructor took the wheel and really showed the power of the car. It was definitely eye opening and showed how much I have to learn. The day wrapped up at the restaurant where they gave us a $100 voucher. 2 salads, 2 entrees and 2 desserts came to $106 so the vouchers really are sufficient to cover practically everything. Food was great. While you are on the track they take your car around the facility and photograph it really well. They give you a gift bag with the photos and some other small items. I included some of the photos. Definitely something to take advantage of if you have the time. They only do eight deliveries of week, so its easy to create a backlog. Sign up early and complete the paperwork as soon as they send it to you to guarantee the earliest date possible.

Attachments

·
Registered
365 Posts
Beautiful car!

Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was #220 in March. You are treated like a king! Highly recommend. Nice car! Did you drive home or ship? And, if you drove did you get any paint protection installed before the drive?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drove it back to the DC area. Definitely got PPF installed. After seeing all of the recommendations I saw on Renlist, I went with Jean Claude over at Atlanta Clear Bra Installation & Modesta Glass Coatings   and he did an amazing job. I dropped it off around 2:30 pm and it was ready by noon the next day. I like his work because he wraps around the edges rather than having a line just short of the edge. It makes for easier care in the long run.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I drove it back to the DC area. Definitely got PPF installed. After seeing all of the recommendations I saw on Renlist, I went with Jean Claude over at Atlanta Clear Bra Installation & Modesta Glass Coatings Â* and he did an amazing job. I dropped it off around 2:30 pm and it was ready by noon the next day. I like his work because he wraps around the edges rather than having a line just short of the edge. It makes for easier care in the long run.
They did my car also. I left mine there for a couple weeks and flew back in to drive her home. Porsche Cayman Prepares for a Trip Back Home to Texas - Detailed Designs Auto Spa

·
Registered
110 Posts
I was there 3 weeks ago and requested the exact same car I own (2017 Boxster) just so that I can test the limits of the car. It was an eye opener to see what the little beast could do. It was an amazing experience and the instructor was awesome! He asked me what I wanted to get out of the experience and explained to him that I wanted to see the limits of my car. He walked me though a series of exercises to build confidence and see what the car could do. I would recommend this to anyone who owns or plans owning a Porsche in order to better understand your car.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Anything you guys would recommend to prepare yourself more to take advantage of all the experience has to offer? Anything you wish you had more time to do or anything you missed?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I flew into Atlanta on Friday night, got there Saturday morning to walk around the museum, had my driving session, lunch at the Restaurant, spent some time at the gift shop and then flew out at 5pm. The museum is on the smaller side but very cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Never go here if you don't want to end up buying a Porsche. LOL.

Reactions: Quasimoto

·
Registered
569 Posts
All,

I just picked up my new 718 Cayman S from PEC and I have to say the experience was definitely worth it. The day starts off with a quick tour of the museum and a look into the restoration center for the morning session. The museum tour is fast and I recommend getting there early if you have an afternoon session so you have time to really take in everything. They then take you to the delivery area for some light snacks, review any final paperwork and to unveil your car. All of the personnel at the facility are fantastic and very knowledgeable. They really make you feel like you are the reason they are there for the day. They spent an hour going through all of the features of the car and helping you set up your initial preferences. We then went to the track where we split the time between my wife and I. I have read some threads where the track time was cut short, but I felt like the instructor gave us more than our allotted time to make sure we had enough time to go through each of the features such as the skid plate and low friction handling areas multiple times. Each of the featured areas were used as a micro lesson on how to handle the outside driving area. This is my first real sports car and I really didn't put all the pieces together until the very end where the instructor took the wheel and really showed the power of the car. It was definitely eye opening and showed how much I have to learn. The day wrapped up at the restaurant where they gave us a $100 voucher. 2 salads, 2 entrees and 2 desserts came to $106 so the vouchers really are sufficient to cover practically everything. Food was great. While you are on the track they take your car around the facility and photograph it really well. They give you a gift bag with the photos and some other small items. I included some of the photos. Definitely something to take advantage of if you have the time. They only do eight deliveries of week, so its easy to create a backlog. Sign up early and complete the paperwork as soon as they send it to you to guarantee the earliest date possible.
Sounds like the royal treatment, and I am happy you had a good experience. That said, it hacks me off that regardless of how many new P-cars you have purchased, you can't even get in the place unless you agree in advance to do something that costs you $$. Arrogance and greed may work when you are on top, but when your bestsellers are no longer your high performance vehicles but SUV's, it might be time for an agonizing reappraisal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
Sounds like the royal treatment, and I am happy you had a good experience. That said, it hacks me off that regardless of how many new P-cars you have purchased, you can't even get in the place unless you agree in advance to do something that costs you $$. Arrogance and greed may work when you are on top, but when your bestsellers are no longer your high performance vehicles but SUV's, it might be time for an agonizing reappraisal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe you could just set up a reservation in the restaurant to get admission.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.